• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's play a game called too pretty for a flip......

28 posts in this topic

I know there are plenty of you out there with some pretty amazing coins in albums but I am curious to see how many of you have some real winners in good old fashion 2X2's? ^^

Whether you were just too lazy or cheap to submit or you had multiples of certain dates....there is always a method to our madness so let me see what you've got and give us a few clues behind your current coins 1-star accomodations :insane:

Here are just a couple of mine.....my membership to NGC ran out and I just didn't have a lot of money to tie up in coin grading over the past year. I bought these coins raw on Ebay and shortly they will be on there way to NGC for a holder make over..... (thumbs u

coins026.jpg

coins023.jpg

coins2019.jpg

coins2018.jpg

You may have seen this already - Poor thing was just all wrapped up in a dis-repsected holder .. not able to grow and shine and show its true colours. I freed the poor thing from its prison and now he is able to be like a pretty little peacock that it is ...

First picture ............Prison ....................

Second Picture ................Freedom ...............

52441-1964_ani.jpg.e103bba20c93b7c5aae92f9007aad833.jpg

52442-1964_toned.jpg.a8f4ec943fe541a3f4dd545eccc9f534.jpg

That Morgan is nice but I prefer the Washie (aside from lookin' good it also is a GREAT year, Heh, Heh).

Here are two that aren't worth the slabbing fees, but I'm quite happy with them in their 2 X 2's...

1963eorTob.jpg

1963eorT.jpg

Roosevelt58DObvSm.jpg

Roosevelt58DRevSm.jpg

Now were talking....Gold in 2X2's...who'd would have thunk it lol

I love the end roller sy......send it to me and I will holder it for you :applause:

Shane, are you sure you don't mean you'll hold it for me? :cool:

Now were talking....Gold in 2X2's...who'd would have thunk it lol

I love the end roller sy......send it to me and I will holder it for you :applause:

Shane, are you sure you don't mean you'll hold it for me? :cool:

What's the difference (shrug)

:sumo:

Send it to me Winston and I will have it graded by NGC for you....I have some free certificates on the way and most of what I have to submit are moderns 1955 to present so I am not wasting my freebies on those..... (thumbs u

Send it to me Winston and I will have it graded by NGC for you....I have some free certificates on the way and most of what I have to submit are moderns 1955 to present so I am not wasting my freebies on those..... (thumbs u
I owe you one already. Let me think about it. I feel badly when I get too indebted to someone.

I'll probably submit this one at some point and give it to my dad...

1904O-1.jpg

Can I adopt you?

Nice Morgan!

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

Chris

I owe you one already. Let me think about it. I feel badly when I get too indebted to someone.

ok lol lol lol

I know there are plenty of you out there with some pretty amazing coins in albums but I am curious to see how many of you have some real winners in good old fashion 2X2's? ^^

Whether you were just too lazy or cheap to submit or you had multiples of certain dates....there is always a method to our madness so let me see what you've got and give us a few clues behind your current coins 1-star accomodations :insane:

My entire type set is now in cardboard 2x2s. I don't like slabs, and the Dansco 7070 did not give me the customization that I wanted and small coins tended to be hidden, or even escape! :blush: I am going to order some archival binder pages for them now. :grin:

My entire type set is now in cardboard 2x2s. I don't like slabs, and the Dansco 7070 did not give me the customization that I wanted and small coins tended to be hidden, or even escape! :blush: I am going to order some archival binder pages for them now. :grin:

Well let's see some pictures..... (thumbs u

NGC has been grading tokens for quite a while, but I have not had any of my pieces done. They are still in Eagle albums. To honest the pieces please me lined up in the order and identified with the labels that I like. Here is one of my best pieces that is still raw. This is a really tough Hard Times token that is in top condition for the variety.

Low7Obv.jpgLow7Rev.jpg

Well let's see some pictures..... (thumbs u

You can see them all by clicking the picture in my sig line, but here are my favorites that I haven't posted in a while:

1857%201c%20Obv.jpg1857%201c%20Rev.jpg

1912%20D%205c%20Obv.jpg1912%20D%205c%20Rev.jpg

1832%2010c%20Obv.jpg1832%2010c%20Rev.jpg

1917%2025c%20Obv.jpg1917%2025c%20Rev.jpg

1837%2050c%20Obv.jpg1837%2050c%20Rev.jpg

1969%20D%2050c%20Obv.jpg1969%20D%2050c%20Rev.jpg

This is a really tough Hard Times token that is in top condition for the variety.

A rarity 6 ?! :o Yeah, Bill, I would say that qualifies as "really tough." :)

Nice token!! (thumbs u