• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

had to give this lovely lady a home!

18 posts in this topic

was talking to a buddy of mine and saw this sitting on table! it was holed at 1 time which is a huge shame due to it is a very nice coin. so i paid $45 to give her a home or find her a new 1 so she wasnt lost in time. what do you folks think (not on the money i spent but the condition other than hole).

scan0027.jpg

scan0028.jpg

how much for your holey 1 :P i could give holy coins a good home. heck i can put them in the holy coin collection i have (vatican sets). lol i think ill do that! holey with holy

OK...I am probably going to show my ignorance here...but I am curious as to the "mark" on the reverse. On the middle arrow shaft is what appears to be a counterstamp of a harp??? Am I getting in too deep here or is it just a figment of my cataracts???

RI AL

Just Bob.

Hi. Yes, I know that the coin has been plugged, with obvious evidence of "repair".on both sides. However, there is the makings of a second "hole" further in from the rim on the reverse (2nd arrow shaft) but the corresponding obverse spot looks "disturbed" rather than the results of a plugging. Again, my eyesight isn't too good these days, but it almost looks like some sort of a punch to me on the reverse, next to the plugged hole. Damn...it sure will be nice when I can see again. Never thought I would be EXCITED about surgery!!

RI Al

Hey, Ant.

Great closeups. So, I guess the coin has a plugged hole and another "almost" hole. (I kinda; liked the harp stamp idea) but I guess someone just decided to test out his new Black and Decker power drill on the poor thing.

RI AL

Just Bob.

Hi. Yes, I know that the coin has been plugged, with obvious evidence of "repair".on both sides. However, there is the makings of a second "hole" further in from the rim on the reverse (2nd arrow shaft) but the corresponding obverse spot looks "disturbed" rather than the results of a plugging. Again, my eyesight isn't too good these days, but it almost looks like some sort of a punch to me on the reverse, next to the plugged hole. Damn...it sure will be nice when I can see again. Never thought I would be EXCITED about surgery!!

RI Al

Sorry, Al, you actually saw it better than I did. I didn't realize that there were two separate holes ! doh!