• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ok i finaly got the guts to pick this up!

5 posts in this topic

what do you think. im thinking low ms (62-63) .there are no cleaning marks and everything is up to my code. help me out folks. not a cheap purchase so i need to know the truth. im also thinking this due to it looking like a weak strike. i get this by the ware location and how nothing else has ware were it would be. (correct if im wrong please)

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

Hairline looks a little flat entering the face - Bun in the rear is flat and showing wear and of course the small scratch on the cheek.

What is strange though is the stars and denticles which are also high points are almost perfect in strike and design.

The reverse is actually not too bad - What looks like wear is actually normal strike for these with the left corn worn ... I have seen worse 64's

AU58 visually but is probably an MS coin with a a worn die.

Your perception of the coin may be right on ..

the luster is very natural . it is in hand and it looks awsome other than the (week strike) i think. in hand it almost looks pl.

The scan kills the luster, making it look either cleaned or AU. But, if you say it's almost PL in hand, then I'd say it's a nice MS64 coin.

Impossible to tell that from these images, though.

Nice pickup.