• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buffalo Opinions?

16 posts in this topic

Dude thats one messed up coin :)

XF Details

Color is typical for book tone similar to mine

But .........................

date half gone -

Feather half gone -

Looks like the bull is snorting something out its nose :) -

"states" is almost flat -

Is this like a wicked OLD die state or something ???

Cool type 1 "D" though

Dude thats one messed up coin :)

XF Details

Color is typical for book tone similar to mine

But .........................

date half gone -

Feather half gone -

Looks like the bull is snorting something out its nose :) -

"states" is almost flat -

Is this like a wicked OLD die state or something ???

Cool type 1 "D" though

Some people would say it is a Late Die State, and others would say it is a weak strike. Notice the planchet flaw.

The coin looks MS to me. Nice toning too. Grade? Haven't a clue... As to the strike/die state: Believe me...I've seen worse. You should see my 26-D. lol

jom

Note: Note there isn't any wear on the Buff's hip bone....

Sweet pic as always, Bruce. It is mint state with a very poor strike but the color helps to make up for it. Plus, it's a Denver mint. (thumbs u

I'd grade it MS-63.

Although they are not as easy to find well struck as the 1913 Philadelphia issue, the Denver mint coins do come fairly sharp a decent amount of the time. This one is below average for strike. The mint mark is also filled, which not a plus for this issue.

It also has a planchet lamenation at 8:30 on the reverse. Some people might view this as an interesting error, but if the coin were higher grade it would be a negative. As it is, I'd say it's neutral.

The color and luster are very nice, which is the best part of the this. Overall it's a nice coin, but I would not go out of my way to pay a premium for it because the strike issues.

Interesting coin Bruce.

It almost has the look of a coin that went through a counting machine with the wear pattern on the obverse.

It looks to be a solid MS example with a weak strike.

I personally like the lam error and it has what almost looks like proof toning.

I like this coin.

Actually, I forgot to mention that is a GREAT picture. It is very difficult to get that kind of toning to show up on photos.

:golfclap:

jom

I am going to say MS-64, but given the TPGs, it could grade as high as 66. The strike is possibly the worst I have ever seen, but I do like the lamination on the reverse (and the color's not bad). Overall, I probably wouldn't buy it because of the strike, but the pictures are amazing!

Actually, I forgot to mention that is a GREAT picture. It is very difficult to get that kind of toning to show up on photos.

:golfclap:

jom

Jom coming from you thanks alot! I know you have a thing for colorfull buffalos!