• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recent results

12 posts in this topic

On 9-15-03 I cracked out four coins from their holders and sent them into PCGS for my free economy sub.

I cracked out an ICG 66, ICG65, ICG64 & Anacs65. All four of these coins are toners (Morgans) with three being of the monster type. They were recieved by PCGS on 9-19-03

Well today is the tenth and the results have been posted, this is nine days short of a month, 27 days in there hands and they are posting the grades. I just thought it fair to tell about this because of how they get knocked for their turn around times. This seems very fast to me. Do they handle these free subm. quicker than regular subm.

Oh, by the way ICG 66 now PCGS 66, ICG 65 now PCGS65, ICG 64 now PCGS64 and Anacs 65 now PCGS 64 this coin is an 1880 and has a large jump between 64 and 65 money. The other coins all were more common dates. 66-1887, 65-1886, 64-1884. This shows if you buy the coin and not the holder the coin will stand on its own.

TD

-------------------------

283511-84.jpg.85939d861d9f731e4febb399ab450ea5.jpg

I've been fortunate enough to see some of your coins so I can safely assume that these have superb eye appeal. It's also nice to hear about the quick turnaround time.

Glad to hear about your results. I have some DMPL's in ICG holders that I have been contemplating sending in for grading. They are in the older green holders and in my opinio they will cross. I am going to sell them so that is the only reason to try to cross them.

The constant complaining about grading times is an interesting phenomenom, as most of the complainers continue to send it coins. It makes me wonder what is important to them.

King,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In other words all three former ICG coin are right there. I'll attach a picture of the 86 so you can see. The 87 is a endroll piece. and the 84 is a screamer.

I have also attached a picture to my original post

284736-86.jpg.b92068465647bd8ecd4d61501c364b6c.jpg

I concur....I purchased an ICG 62...great color and bag lines to boot with semi-prooflike fields for a steal which I love. However their Mercs tend to be over-graded.

TD

Outstanding Morgan! My question was towards the thought if any of the lower grades looked better then your higher grade results. Aside from that, see my attachment and tell me what causes the white shadows on all the devises. I have a couple of these coins and buy them whenever I come across one, if I can afford it. Again, very nice coins.

Leo

That 1886 would be a great candidate for the "Coin Gallery", IF NGC HAD ONE we could all enjoy!!! 893frustrated.gifmakepoint.gif

285425-M82dol.jpg.4a8b8c0ed5e7a3f34fa55dd859855a84.jpg

Sounds like you made out ok Toneddollars.

The turnaround time for the 4 freebies don't seem to be on the same schedule as regular submissions.

I received my 4 freebies within a reasonable amount of time also.