• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tons of Pennies Gathered for Charity by Children

4 posts in this topic

on coinsdig.com i have recently stacked on an article stating that children from all New York schools gather pennies for charity every year. year by year the budget is filled up with more and more coins. a penny is not too much, but when there are thousands of them

you can feel the difference.

Interesting - especially the question about whether or not the elimination of the cent might have an effect on fund-raising drives like this. (thumbs u

Interesting - especially the question about whether or not the elimination of the cent might have an effect on fund-raising drives like this.

I doubt if it would, They would collect nickels instead of cents. If they have anything less than a five fold reduction in participation, they would actually raise MORE money.

<a  href=2000573527314511274_rs.jpg' alt='2000573

I searched through 4 bags myself during lunch breaks and such. The couple of rolls of Wheaties that I found went on ebay and helped buy my class a new radio.

Long live the cent!