• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone else?

16 posts in this topic

Did anyone else go bargain shopping on the bay last night during the game? I picked up several modern proof 69 ucam commems for below slabbing costs. :cool: I think there were a lot bargains to be had but I couldn't get to all of the sites I wanted to :cry:

I watched and enjoyed the game!

And physics-fan... most of the commercials stunk. You did not miss much. But the game was great!!

Scott :hi:

no, but I did put a bid in on a CBH in the Teletrade auction..I was high bidder but it seems I lost to the hidden and unposted reserve..was the first time that had happened to me..

I watched and enjoyed the game!

And physics-fan... most of the commercials stunk. You did not miss much. But the game was great!!

Scott :hi:

Yeah hey, much different than most years, eh? lol

Seeing the Giants beat up the Pats and win it all made me feel better about the NFC championship game...

Did anyone else go bargain shopping on the bay last night during the game? I picked up several modern proof 69 ucam commems for below slabbing costs. :cool: I think there were a lot bargains to be had but I couldn't get to all of the sites I wanted to :cry:

Oh sure, NOW he tells me!

Although, today I managed to get five coin auctions for $22 and change, INCLUDING shipping of $8.95 for all 5 items total, so that tells you how cheap the 5 cons were, ALL slabbed by NGC or PCGS! One of them was a 1959 Lincoln cent, graded MS66RD, PCGS Price Guide shows it at $65 -- that more than covered the cost of all five coins!

I got a 1999-D SBA, MS66, which the PCGS price guide shows has recently dropped to $37 -- I paid a whopping 99cents.

I wish I went bargain hunting last night too! DARN DARN DARN!

doh!

I need to build more feedback again after that evil seller left me (and about 5 other people on the same day) 4 negatives. After my lengthy email to him pointing out all his shortcomings leading up to his well deserved negative feedback from me, along with the fact that I had gotten an APOLOGY email from a staff member a month ago, what did I get today? One of the lovely "Offer to mutually withdraw negative feedback" emails -- actually, I got THREE of them. Curiously, that would still leave me with the ONE negative feedback from him that COUNTED! (tsk)hm

I checked out his "feedback left for others" and saw that he SLAMMED about six other users within minutes of slamming me too, all for transactions that were about a month old, all with the same copy/pasted negative message in ALL CAPS. I also saw that even though he has over 20,000 feedbacks, he has gotten feedback from 137 different users, though only 50-something show. He also had a VERY HIGH number of "mutually withdrawn feedbacks." So, best I can make out is that his M.O. is to leave retaliatory negative feedback, then offer to withdraw it, and buyers are doing it to protect their own scores, and he gets away with a clean score. As much as I'd like to keep my 100% rating, I firmly believe that taking over 2 weeks to even ship an item initially and then missing a few items which you then take another 4 weeks to replace, and only then after more than a dozen emails, even written correspondence (paper), and MUCH MORE, actually DESERVES negative feedback. I mean 6 weeks to get items? That qualifies a slow to me. The communication was even worse (I have another posting out there with more details, I don't want to get all worked up again).

To mutually agree to withdraw feedback, I must agree that the negative feedback is no longer appropriate, and that's just not true. Therefore, I cannot in good conscience bow to his intimidation tactics. It appears he's gotten away with doing just that for far too long. Will my "stand" make a difference? I don't know. I have to live with his negative mark too. Which makes the segue to...

I too felt guilty on some of these cheap auctions, but after "Mr. Negative" slammed me, I want to get some cheap items from sellers I've not bought from before, so I can build my ratio of good feedback higher, to help offset his damage. I tend to buy from familiar sellers, but until the new policy comes along, it doesn't help my feedback score.

And yes, the new eBay feedback policy would have helped me -- it would have prevented this seller from retaliating against me for being honest, and alerting others to when he actually did fail to perform. Instead of responding to his feedback factually as the feedback I left for him, he just slammed me with negative meaningless garbage that looks bad. When I start selling, it will certainly get noticed though.

A buyer prevented me from bidding today because of it, even though he was my ONLY negative feedback out of over 950 positives.

Am I crazy to stand strong?

Ok, I veered a bit off topic here, sorry. I started with the bargains, and it sort of tied in though, that I am bargain hunting now to build quick feedback to undo the damage done by a disgruntled seller.

rantrant

I was kind of bummed I missed the commercials

Well since you have internet access you can still watch the commercials, and you don't have to waste your time waiting for them while some dumb football game fills up the space between them.

There were a couple of decent ones but they weren't as good as last years, and nothing came close to last years Blockbuster's commercial.

Bully, I checked out your feedback setback and was stunned to see the negs were over items that were less than $20 value. :censored::insane: Do you think it was Dave that negged you or Sam :D Or could they be the same person? hm I think you did the right thing. Perhaps your response to sam and/or dave would be to ask why only 3 of the 4 would be removed? And tell him that are many people on the boards that await his decision. I have purchased from dave or sam, I can never keep them straight :devil:, in the past and would reconsider future transactions based on their sledge hammer approach to constructive criticism and feedback. With 20,000 + feedbacks shoudn't they expect :censored:ups to occur on occasion and then have the grace to deal with them in an honorable manner? (shrug)

Bully, I checked out your feedback setback and was stunned to see the negs were over items that were less than $20 value. :censored::insane: Or could they be the same person? hm I think you did the right thing. Perhaps your response would be to ask why only 3 of the 4 would be removed? And tell him that are many people on the boards that await his decision. I have purchased from :censored: I can never keep them straight :devil:, in the past and would reconsider future transactions based on their sledge hammer approach to constructive criticism and feedback. With 20,000 + feedbacks shoudn't they expect :censored:ups to occur on occasion and then have the grace to deal with them in an honorable manner? (shrug)

In fairness, the negatives I left were not because of the item value, but because of the treatment and service I received:

And before I start my rant, let me say: THANK YOU, for saying that you think I did the right thing. I appreciate that. :takeit:

rantrant

1. After not receiving my order (a much larger order) for two weeks, and several inquiries having gone unanswered, I finally used the eBay feature to request a seller's phone number.

2. Immediately after doing this, I SUDDENLY got a response from the seller saying that he'd look into why I don't have my order, right after the weekend.

3. I got a response a Monday saying that one or more of the items in my order had been out of stock, and [coincidentally] had just come in that very day, so they could ship my order that day. The coincidentally is from me, the timing seemed suspicious to me, but what I can prove and what I can't is another story. I DO know it was over two weeks and only got the order because I inquired, and previous inquiries had gone unanswered, until I requested the phone number. Apparently that was attention-getting.

4. After all that time, the order arrived, and, presumably because it was then packed in such haste, two items for which I had ordered multiples of two only included one each.

5. I immediately notified the seller of this discrepancy and was told that the missing coins would be replaced.

6. Also contacted seller about returning one item, a storage box for rolls of dollar coins, they just don't fit the Mint issued rolls with the crimped edges, they make the boxes bulge at the seems. Seller says that he sells them to ALL the local banks and there is never a problem, but will happily take them back, so I return them for a refund. I ask for the proper return procedure, which he explains is very simple and nothing special at all. I print HIS EMAIL with my return, along with my written instructions requesting a refund for these boxes. Since I had not yet received my replacement coins, I also included a written request for replacements of the two missing items, and even used a color highlighter.

7. Several days after confirming delivery at the store, I contact the seller since no refund or acknowledgment is received. I am told "Oh, we have a box sitting here but haven't opened it, that must be yours."

8. When they finally open a box, I get an email from a staffer that says (keep in mind my previous communications, and the written items included IN the box), "But eBay records show that you ordered these items." Um, well, yeah, of course I ordered these items. How else, exactly, could I be returning them for a refund?

9. I express my concern, write a very long email, copying and pasting extensive emails that have gone back for weeks with various employees of this company, and expresing my frustration because it seems that I am getting mixed messages, and one hand does not know what the other is doing. I break down the sequence of events, line by line.

10. I get an email from another person, because apparently the first individual cannot handle such feedback. I actually get an apology email. I actually get a refund.

11. It takes another email or two, but I then get the coins that were omitted from my original order - they arrived approximately SIX WEEKS from the date of when I issued payment.

So, my issue is with communication (poor) and timing (extremely slow). Heck, even their feedback is slow. After getting an apology a month ago, and finally sending the replacement coins, and only after I got them did I leave the negative feedback on those last portions of my order, it took this seller A MONTH to leave negative feedback for me, along with about half a dozen other buyers within the same day or so. (Check his "Feedback Left For Others").

So, to answer your question, I have had communication from Dave, but never a Sam, but have had communication from other employees. I wonder if again, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, and if perhaps one is the angry one who likes leaving negative feedback.

I sent a LENGTHY email to this seller after getting slammed with the four negatives, outlining the sequence of events similar to what I wrote here. I was even more elaborate providing greater detail. Further, I presented the question: If you think that six weeks to get items did not warrant negative feedback, and even the two week initial delay of my order without ever telling me that there would be a delay of my order did not warrant negative feedback, what, exactly, in your mind, WOULD warrant negative feedback? I also asked if he believed that he provided me with exceptional service.

The response I got? Was the automated emails from eBay to "Mutually Agree to Withdraw Feedback" on three items. In the "Message from Seller" field of all three, this simple message "if you would like this removed please follow these steps." Also, if you look at his feedback score, you get the idea he's done this a LOT. There's negative feedback from 137 DIFFERENT users. There are "51 Ratings Mutually Withdrawn."

I get the impression that retaliatory feedback is a TOOL of this seller, an intimidation tool, and many users have given in to it, thus improving his overall feedback score. I fear that if I too put my own eBay feedback score on the line, he wins, and others lose. Sort of like when people drop the charges against criminals, then they go out and commit more crimes - if they had a RECORD, they'd get a tougher punishment the second time. I am afraid that if I wipe his record clean, I give this seller exactly what he wants and subject future buyers to pitfalls because of it. Granted, he has over 20,000 feedbacks, and still comes out at over 99.3% positive, so buyers will probably overlook a few negatives.

I will however make one last ditch attempt to contact him - for Rons. I will inquire about the fourth negative feedback, and be clear that I am NOT agreeing to withdraw it, but wondering if it was an oversight, or.... I mean, is he just that incompetent, or is there a motive here? It would happen to leave the negative feedback that counts against me. Coincidence? In my best Chris Matthews voice -- HA!

And for the curious about this fiasco? My eBay ID is: bully1ct

Bully...stand your ground, man. Bottom line is, the SMART ebayer that sees you dont have 100% feedback will look to see what the negs say, if they were from different people, etc....the smart ebayer can figure out when negs are retaliatory. To hell with him, dont sweat the feedback thing...remember, if this happened, what is it, after July, all he could do is give you a positive...dont sweat it and stand your ground, man!!!

Thanks, I did send him an email tonight asking why he only offered to withdraw three negatives, and not all four, AS IF I didn't know!

However, I was clear that I had no intention of making any decision about agreeing to withdraw, regardless of his answer.

Honestly, I think it serves other buyers who follow better if I stand my ground too. I fear however, that my negative is lost in his score of over 20,000, so it won't matter anyway.

Oh well, maybe more buyers will feel empowered to leave negatives about him as the new policy rolls around -- the truth is out there.

The fact that they have 49 mutual agreed retractions of ratings is also one of those things that sounds the alert "danger danger will robinson" antennae for me. Good for you. :)