• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just got my first, first author publication...post a "first" for you...

18 posts in this topic

A first for me? Hmmmmmmmmmm? I was born.

If that's not what you had in mind, how about the Kennedy on my sig line.......my first error coin from the Mint.

The first member of these boards I met in person............Shane Canup.

The first member of these boards I wished I had never met in person........Victor Easley. lol

The first member of these boards who served me hardshell crabs at his home.........Bob Stang.

The first member of these boards who was so "turned off" by hardshell crabs that he had to eat at a separate table.............nah! I'm not going to tell you.

The first member of these boards who sniped my high bid..........nah! I'm not going to tell you the answer to this one either.

The first member of these boards who received a gift from me..........Mark Hooten.

The first member of these boards who gave me a gift..........Victor Easley. (That's right! Suck up because of #2.) DOUBLE lol

The first member of these boards who sold me a coin.......Hayden Tubbs.

Geez, this is a friendly bunch!

Chris

Congrats. Very cool being published. Very cool indeed. I am a simple mind and have no idea what BSL2/BSL3 organisms, but I know coins, and here is one of my first...the coin that started it all. my first coinPicture462.jpg

Picture463.jpg

my first bunnies...Picture183.jpg

Picture.jpg

my first scope...1.jpg

my first caped bust half dime...b252_1.jpg

my first matte proof...1912mpl2.jpg

my first key date...Picture235.jpg

Wow, learning some very interesting stuff about the folks here. I didn't realize so many of you were biologists. Congrats on the first publication, that is seriously cool! :thumbsup:

Well, I tried to find my first post here, but the search feature didn't work that far back for me.

The first member of these boards I wished I had never met in person........Victor Easley. lol

And my first ex-friend on the boards.... meh

;)

That Morgan above looks like a spark plug spacer. hm

p.s. bajablu, those are two exceptional Lincolns! <3

My first 18th century US coin:

52047-1794CentObverse.jpg.d5d9ea1357b485bf1881f08ff438c2fb.jpg

52048-1794CentReverse.jpg.9100d16265a4306971233e0da7ab8826.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS! :applause:

I certainly know how it feels to get your first publication. So rather than a coin, here is the cover of my first book!

sm-cover.jpg

Scott :hi:

First coin I bought at a coin store, the summer of 1970 at Bob's Coins in West Allis, Wisconsin.

Also the last 18th century coin I've purchased. hm

1798-cent.jpg

My first patent: I (with another engineer) designed a machine that winds, bends and assembles the double spiral wire bindings for paper notebooks at 1250 loops per minute.

My first coin: an 1804 half penny, found in 1955 while gardening when I was (12) years old.

My first car: a 1949 Ford, V-8 flathead.

All.. very cool "firsts"

TomB... very cool article. Last I checked, I think Blood had an impact factor of at least 10...wow... I'm in the throws of writing my "big" paper that will comprise the bulk of my disertation. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...L