• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too dark? Or just right?

18 posts in this topic

Since you asked... This half came from a bank about 3 years ago. My aunt works at a bank. I client of hers came in with some coins asking if she could help move them. She gave me a call. I gave her a price.... Sold! WAY TOO CHEAP!! But going off a phone call no way to know how the coin looked soo I feared the worse... and scored.

Edited to add this did not come at face value.

F-15, huh? I think standards are tightening all across the board. But that would mean buying newly graded coins right now would cost less for more coin in a technical sense.

F-15, huh? I think standards are tightening all across the board. But that would mean buying newly graded coins right now would cost less for more coin in a technical sense.

I had this coin graded before ANACS wient to the new slabs. Still a small white one with the different lettering.

Gorgeous overdate, at least VF-25!

I sent this one to ANACS. They said Fine 15. Hell of alot of coin for Fine 15 if you ask me.

Did you have it attributed so they would (hopefully) grade it properly by die-marriage, rather than by type? The 1824/"jumble" always has a weak looking obverse. It should be graded by the reverse, and clearly, your coin is in the VF grade range, judging by the reverse.

By type, they are correct, it is about a F+ coin. But no Bustie collector in his right mind would ever use this is a type coin, and ANACS did you a disservice by implying otherwise.

Gorgeous overdate, at least VF-25!

I sent this one to ANACS. They said Fine 15. Hell of alot of coin for Fine 15 if you ask me.

Did you have it attributed so they would (hopefully) grade it properly by die-marriage, rather than by type? The 1824/"jumble" always has a weak looking obverse. It should be graded by the reverse, and clearly, your coin is in the VF grade range, judging by the reverse.

By type, they are correct, it is about a F+ coin. But no Bustie collector in his right mind would ever use this is a type coin, and ANACS did you a disservice by implying otherwise.

They did note this coin as O-103, which is the correct number, but still had it at F 15.

And it is not worth enough and there is not enough of a value bump to bother with a re-submittal either...

And it is not worth enough and there is not enough of a value bump to bother with a re-submittal either...

So what would be a fair price for this coin?

If you wanted to sell it, I think it would be fair to charge a VF price at least, so say somewhere in the 90-120 range.

And coinzip has free listings if you want to sell. lots of CBH guys visit.

http://coinzip.com/