• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Love Token - intricate detail

8 posts in this topic

Just one more post of cool coin for you. This is a Love Token inscribed on an 1864-S quarter. Obviously, the reverse is wiped out, so technically, you can't see the mintmark, but I am basing this on attributing the coin from the obverse only.

v0014_.jpg

Super Sized:

http://www.earlyus.com/stock/v0014.jpg

Enjoy!

James

James - this seems more like an "attaboy" token than a love token! laugh.gif "Awarded to Nora Kelly for correct deportment, June 1884" Good girl, Nora! insane.gifangel.gif

Thanks! Hoot

Those old tokens are neat items. I sometimes check them out on ebay and have even bought a few.

I got my wife one with her name on it one time. Even she thought it was neat.

Cameron, "deportment" means behavior.

Goose3, you're lucky - I've been looking for a love token with my wife's name on it for a couple years. I found one about a year ago on ebay on a Morgan dollar. Wasn't crazy about one that big but I tried for it anyway. It went for well over $300! I didn't want it that bad.

You know what, I thought it was "depArtment" as well? "Deportment" makes a lot more sense!

James

Now, maybe, my first post makes more sense? laugh.gif

Hoot