• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Imaging

15 posts in this topic

A couple of weeks ago there was a discussion regarding NGC imaging. It caught my interest as I had just sent a batch in for grading and requested the $3 imaging, some were saying they just scanned them. I posted the question in Ask NGC and Pam sent the following reply:

NGC photographs coins that are submitted for imaging

So hopefully in the next week or so I'll see how they do.

i have had ngc photo. (they took care of this last 1 for me) . but to me they dont look scanned. my pictures are scanned and if you look at theres they show great detail. IMO it is worth it on key coins in set or hard to picture toning covering deatail. they do a good job and it is worth the 3$ they charge.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The $3 images are not scans. They are actual digital photographs, but the resolution is lower than for Photo Proofs.

the 3$ photos are downloaded from email. if you loose i think they have that on file so you can get another copy. (might wana check)

From what I am told, they DON'T look like the ones ANT showed any more. That was an experiment that NGC Imaging was doing last year, but apparently was not popular. I too have some images that look like that, Silver Eagles actually, and I don't care for them. Yours looks better, mine just look fake if you ask me, they look like artist renderings.

Now NGC has returned to photo images, it actually shows the coins in the slabs.

Here are two examples... Two similar to ANT's, and one of the later photo-types, which I am told by NGC is the way they are going now. Does anyone else see what I mean,how the first two photos don't even look like real coins, but more like an artist rendering, a drawing, something unrealistic? Whereas the third image actually IS a coin!

Personally, after some VERY BAD images, I am thrilled!

51922-2512894-001O.jpg.0419cf017c91cc9df4636bd29f856c55.jpg

51923-2511994_003r.jpg.4715bf6187c1d8a79d7178736976a6a2.jpg

51925-2515326-001o.jpg.1d5d82633459bf369c8d9eb1f89a58c3.jpg

the pic in slab is prety good! is that the 3$ photo there?

Thanks, and yes. They are all actually examples of the $3 imaging from NGC, at various points last year. The photo in the slab is the most recent example, taken later in the year than the others.

Before I submitted coins last month (that being January now), I had some email comminques with Scott Schecter (Marketing) at NGC to discuss the imaging, and my disappointment in some of the previous images, and how they are coming out now.

From what I understand, the one in the slab is the CURRENT example.

M