• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Changes - Including INSANE Feedback Change

42 posts in this topic

Rewards & Standards

Rewards for great sellers

How are great sellers measured? Customers decide. They give sellers more stars in detailed Feedback if they are satisfied. These Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs), along with other indicators of customer satisfaction, will influence seller rewards and standards.

* Search Visibility

* PowerSeller Rewards & Standards

* Safe Payments

* Feedback Changes

* Coming Soon: Seller Dashboard

Search Visibility

Search visibility will be tied to customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is reflected in a combination of DSRs, Feedback, and fewer complaints filed of an item being "significantly not as described" (SNAD) or "item not received" (INR). In March 2008, Best Match will become the default sort in search to give more buyers the results they want and will:

* Increase exposure for sellers with DSRs 4.6 and above and at least 95% customer satisfaction in the last 30 days.

* Decrease exposure for sellers with low customer satisfaction or Shipping & Handling DSRs.

PowerSeller Rewards & Standards

We're taking steps to give new meaning to PowerSeller status on eBay. Starting July, a score of 4.5 or more on all DSRs (based on the last 12 months) will be required for membership in the PowerSeller program. We will reward PowerSellers with fee discounts and other benefits for their record of excellent customer service.

PowerSeller discounts on Final Value Fees (or Transaction Services Fees)

* DSRs of 4.6 or more (based on the last 30 days): 5% Final Value Fee discount

* DSRs of 4.8 or more (based on the last 30 days): 15% Final Value Fee discount

Expanded seller protection from PayPal beginning February 2008

* Protection for any shipping address, not just a confirmed address

* Unlimited annual coverage, not just $5,000 per year

* Global coverage, extended to 190 countries around the world

Expanded and Extended Unpaid Item (UPI) Protection Program

* Expanding to single-item fixed price listings

* Extending refund of Feature Fees permanently

Safe Payments

To help ensure more buyers are protected, in some cases we'll require sellers to offer either PayPal or a merchant credit card to customers. PayPal buyer protection covers most qualified transactions up to $2000.00 USD.

Sellers will only be required to provide this safe payment option to customers in certain situations:

* For listings in riskier categories, like computers and cell phones

* If the seller has 5% or more dissatisfied customers

* If the seller has less than 100 Feedback

In a small number of cases (fewer than 5% of all payments on eBay), PayPal will hold payment funds until either the buyer has left positive Feedback or 21 days have passed without a claim.

Feedback Changes

The eBay Feedback system was designed to provide a simple, honest, accurate record of member experiences. Focusing on customer service includes doing everything we can to grow customer confidence in our sellers.

* Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.

* Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback from the same buyer per week.)

* Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage.

* When a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) process the negative or neutral Feedback they have left for that transaction will be removed.

* When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed.

* Buyers must wait 3 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record, to encourage communication.

* All Feedback must be left within 60 days (compared to 90 days today) of listing end to encourage timely Feedback and discourage abuse.

* Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an unpaid item or commit other policy violations.

Coming Soon: Seller Dashboard

See how you're doing, at-a-glance! Changes in Feedback and measures tied to Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs) and the percentage of satisfied customers will help sellers understand and manage their role in serving and growing their customer base. We want to help sellers know where they stand. Soon, we'll be making available a personalized tool to help you understand your:

* PowerSeller status

* Billing status

* Discount qualification

* Search standing

* Policy violations and potential risk of restriction

* Buyer satisfaction (comprised of a combination of: DSRs, Feedback, INR and SNAD complaints)

WTF? I can only leave positive feedback for buyers now? How insane is that. No negatives for a deadbeat. No negatives for a bounced check or chargeback. No negatives for a crazy buyer. No negatives for a buyer who tries to threaten you with negative feedback. All buyers are now positive? This blows my mind. The eBay feedback system just lost what little credibility it had.

And eBay/PayPal will now hold my money for 21 days in a "small" number of cases - only 5% or 1 in 20 transactions. Think we'll get interest on that money or will it go to eBay's bottom line?

Those new rules ARE insane! Feedback has been questionable up to now, but with these new rules I agree, why bother. But jgrinz, what do you do when the buyers start leaving you negative feedback because you didn't leave them feedback? You can't leave them negatives in return. I can see this turning into open season on sellers by buyers with a grudge, or who aren't delighted with what they get etc.

I can see the emails now...

Hi, I just won one of your auctions and I see that you stated $4 for S&H in the auction. I think that is too much. How about $1 for S&H. I hope we can resolve this without the need for negative feedback.

Hi, I think I paid too much for this item. I place a bid of $10,000, but never expected it to go for more than $50. I think $127 is too much. I'll give you $50. I hope we can resolve this without the need for negative feedback.

Hi, I paid for this item two days ago and still have not received it. I think I deserve a discount for this slow response. What can you give me? I hope we can resolve this without the need for negative feedback.

Hi, the slab has a grease spot on the edge that wasn't mentioned in the auction. I don't want to return it. How about you just knock off $30? I hope we can resolve this without the need for negative feedback.

Hi, I'm not going to pay for this item. And here's your negative for filing a NPB on me. I replied "Screw You" in the NPB form so now you can't have this feedback automatically remove. Ha ha screw you!

Those new rules ARE insane! Feedback has been questionable up to now, but with these new rules I agree, why bother. But jgrinz, what do you do when the buyers start leaving you negative feedback because you didn't leave them feedback? You can't leave them negatives in return. I can see this turning into open season on sellers by buyers with a grudge, or who aren't delighted with what they get etc.

I have not had that happen - I also do not give out feedback until the buyer does

I have not had any issues 'so far'

I see no reason to change my philosophy

Nonsense...sheer nonsense. I can see it now....buyers get NO feedback, and sellers get all NEGATIVE feedback......and this is something that really ticks me off:

* Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage.

So, am I to assume your feedback percentage will only be based on the prior 12 months of acitvities, and not showing buyers how reliable you have been for the entire time you have been on the 'bay? This thing where buyers can only get positive feedback is the biggest, stinkiest pile of doo-doo I have ever heard of, and there have been strange happenings over at the 'bay. But, like has been brought up, if a buyer suddenly backs out, says he wants cheaper shipping, etc, he either gets NO feedback (not a neutral or neg), or POSITIVE feedback? Why the hell would they shoot themselves in the foot like this? They are basically the only player in the game, and to do something like this, well, this makes no sense at all to me...I have read and re-read these 'new rules' and still cant understand WHY they would do it...let alone what its going to do to ebay overall. I hope I am not the only one lost here, but man, I am REALLY lost...deep woods, no equipment, starting to snow, no signs of rescue..I mean LOST....I remind myself of a couple girls I used to date..just cant put 1+1 together and get 2...its utter nonsense

I see on the News today where it was discovered that an Employee of New York has been selling Stolen Artifacts and Historical Documents on EBAY. He claims that the reason he has stolen and is selling them is that his Daughter ran up a $10,000.00 Credit card debt and needed to help her pay it.

While this is bad enough the " comments" on the article range from " we stole from the Indians so who cares" and " it sounds like junk the State should have sold long ago". Not only do you have theives but you have people that are willing ti look the other way because they are either have no values or they are not informed.

This was discovered by an Amateur that through a few checks on the Internet found that these documents were owned by the State of New York. This is something that could have been accomplished by a few checks from EBAY.

It is not only the Buyer. I had an experience a few months ago that I have mentioned before where I bouth a coin. The Seller in his Terms stated that he would not be responsible for anyhting the Post office loses if you do not buy Insurance. I paid $6.50 for postage and $1.65 for Insurance.When I got the coin the Postage was $1.47. I know that some of these Sellers charge more for Postage and make a profit but when I Emailed the Seller and asked him what would have happened had the item been lost since he did not pay for Insurance hus response was "What do you care? You got your coin and if you give me Negative Feedback because of it I will retaliate and give you a lot of Negative feedback".

This Seller had 100% feedback. I am sure I am not the only one he has done this to in the past and he will continue to do it in the Future.

The problem is that Buyers are getting tired of this sort of even if it is a small percentage. The Sales of EBAY are decreasing. This is one of the main reasons they are expanding into China. E BAY has to do something to make the Buyers think they are protecting them wheter it is the right or wrong move.Without Buyers there are no Sales.

I don't know where the comment of "you can't leave them Negative feedback in return "comes from. I have mentioned it here previously but I had a situation where I sent a Buyer a Personal Check as he didn't accept Pay Pal. I knew he had to hold it for 10 days until it cleared.

On the 10th day he filed an "unpaid item" against me and 10 days earlier he had even sent me an E Mail that he had received the check.

I filed a Negative feedback and all I said was Payed Promptly by Personal Check as Seller didn't accept Pay Pal and he filed an unpaid item.

He immediately filed Negative Feedback against me that it was a Lie and he had mailed the coin Promptly so not only was this Seller Dishonest but he filed Negative Feedback. I complained to EBAY and they ignored me.

The chickens are coming home to roost because EBAY did nothing before and other Sellers did not want to police their own.

I have not had that happen - I also do not give out feedback until the buyer does

Under the current system I think that is quite proper. When the buyers give you feedback you know the transaction is concluded (hopefully satisfactorily) and you can leave feedback. You haven't had it happen before because he knew he would get a neg in return. But under these new rules he can insist you leave him positive feedback immediately upon payment or he'll leave you a neg, demand a lowering of the price, anything he wants to do. If you don't or he leaves you an unjustified neg for any other reason, the worst you can do to him is leave a negatively worded neutral that won't count against him. He can take your coin, do a chargeback and leave you a badmouth neg, and you can't even leave him a neg in return. Great system, for the dishonest.

The chickens are coming home to roost because EBAY did nothing before and other Sellers did not want to police their own.

Excuse me, but how exactly are sellers supposed to police their own?

eBay has ignored the bad sellers for so long that the reputation of eBay was hurt and good sellers moved away. All of a sudden they realized that user growth was not going to increase at the same rates they had enjoyed in the early years. Now eBay is panicked and trying desperate measures.

The changes they have made are not just illogical, but they are outright insane. A seller has no way of warning other sellers about bad buyers. The fee increases are out of line. All this after eBay promised to lower fees and make things easier on sellers.

I'm sure you can guess how these changes have gone over, but just for fun check out the eBay Discussion Boards. There are THOUSANDS of posts on these changes and from the ones I've read, I'd say 99%+ are against the changes.

I'm sure you can guess how these changes have gone over, but just for fun check out the eBay Discussion Boards. There are THOUSANDS of posts on these changes and from the ones I've read, I'd say 99%+ are against the changes.
Hey Greg... I was just searching their boards and I did not find ONE positive comment about this policy. The negative reaction is overwhelming.

BTW... I tried their live chat only to be told that the server was not accepting connections. I did not try their phone support since many of the notes said that they were either busy or ringing with nobody picking up.

I guess this is Meg's swan song as she goes into a very rich retirement. :screwy:

Scott :hi:

A seller has no way of warning other sellers about bad buyers. The fee increases are out of line. All this after eBay promised to lower fees and make things easier on sellers.

The only way to do this is to leave positive feedback (or neutral) and really dis the seller with the comments.

This is a completely bogus policy. I got stiffed in August by a Canadian seller and got him NARU'd and was able to warn others about him who was trying the same scam on them.

What are the alternatives to ebay that gets the same amount of exposure?

And I've been working hard as a BUYER to build my reputation of positive feedback for a couple reasons:

1. To hit the minimum threshold so that when I start selling, buyers receive MAXIMUM protection through PayPal of $2,000, rather than nothing, or even just $200.

2. So that if anyone leaves me a negative feedback, it doesn't destroy my total score with a single blow, because of the percentages, AND thus make buyers of my auctions INELIGIBLE for the maximum PayPal Buyer Protection.

NOW...

eBay tells me that buyers can hold me hostage?

I've been following how sellers operate for all these months and years, learning the good and bad, and taking the best and the worst, learning from their mistakes, so that I could incorporate "best practices."

Clearly, a good operating procedure, and even a solid way to present it, is to suggest that a buyer leave feedback so that a seller knows that an item was received and he/she is satisfied. Further, if there is ANY problem with the item, PLEASE contact me before just leaving negative feedback, because I'd love the chance to resolve the issue first.

That is all blown out of the water with the new system from what I can tell.

Further, from what I can see, I agree with others: if the only thing you can do is leave positive feedback for buyers, why bother leaving any feedback at all? It makes the process sort of hollow.

It is really nuts - I thought they were bending over backwards to buyers enough as it is and now this! This idiotic feedback change is an affront to my freedom of speech! I resent it.

Feedback should be a 2 way street. America was founded on freedom of speech, not corporate double talk.

There's another illogical part hidden in the new eBay policy:

1. Sellers can ONLY leave positive feedback for buyers.

2. In the FAQ for Sellers, eBay reassures sellers that they have ADDITIONAL features and some classic ones, INCLUDING the ability to block bidding on their auctions by sellers with NEGATIVE feedback scores.

3. So, the MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION IS THIS: If buyers can only RECEIVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK, how exactly does a seller block buyers with negative feedback scores?

eBay missed an answer to THAT question in their FAQ.

And to preemptively respond to eBay that "negative scores from before this change took effect will count" just doesn't fly because people will just set up new accounts, and/or will have separate accounts for selling and buying, so their "buyer" accounts are always 100% positive.

Something is amiss, and I'd personally be glad to see EVERY SINGLE eBay user (buyer and seller alike) tell eBay what he or she thinks of the new policy, and why: By email, by phone, in writing, by smoke signal, by carrier pigeon, by whatever means he or she feels necessary. Maybe it would overload their servers, their phones, and knock them out of commission for a few days or even a week or two -- sort of like the Mint when the Bald Eagle coins went on sale.

This rule seems to have been missed in our ranting so far

Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback from the same buyer per week.)

Up till now unscrupulous sellers could use shills to push negative feedback off the first page and to inflate their total positives, but now they count to inflate their percentages as well! rating dropping below 99%? Just shill a few of your auctions push it back up. And you don't even have to create new accounts to create new shills.

That was my point that E Bay has decreasing Sales and the Pendulum has swung the other way.

Don't tell me that Sellers aren't aware of at least some of the Unscrupulous

Sellers. I have had some of them tell me. Being aware of them did they also report them to EBAY?

I mentioned earlier that there was a Show on CNBC about some of the activities of Sellers and the attitude of E BAY. In one instance there were five people that complained about the same seller.

E Bay failed to act and their reasoning was that the Seller had a few thousand Positive Feedbacks and was at 100%. and 5 compalints was not a big deal. Might have helped if other sellers compalined.

In my instance of the Seller demanding Insurance or he would not be responsible for any losses and then not Purchasing it I doubt if I was the first one and I also doubt if he is the only one that does it.I also doubt that some Sellers are not aware of the Practice.

Don't tell me that Sellers aren't aware of at least some of the Unscrupulous Sellers. I have had some of them tell me. Being aware of them did they also report them to EBAY?

I've reported many things to eBay from potential problems to outright fraud. A very small percentage is acted on by eBay. For the most part I have given up on reporting problems as I feel it will do no good. That's not a seller policing seller problem, but an eBay doing nothing problem.

A vast majority of the problems encountered on eBay could be fixed or prevented if eBay were long-term oriented. It's not. It looks at quarter-to-quarter revenue only. I blame eBay 100%.

You succeeded but as a Buyer I was ignored when a Seller did not accept Pay pal but cashed my check and sent a E Mail to me that he had received the check and would hold it for 10 days as agreed in his Terms. After 10 days with no warning he filed an "unpaid item " against me.

I sent the E Mails to E Bay and E Bay did cancel the Disagreement but when I complained about the Seller not only filing the Unpaid item with no reason as well as saying he did not think it was a big deal as I was " not permanently damaged by the action".

I gave Negative Feeback saying that the Seller cashed my check and then filed an unpaid Item against me. The seller replied that tis was a Lie and the Coin was shipped promptly.

Not only did E BAY ignore me but didn't allow me to respod to this out and out lie and refused to do any thing. The Buyer has very few options.

Not in the examples I listed. Also what about the case where sombody purchases a Raw Coin and they send it to NGC for grading and it is body bagged because it has been cleaned. The Buyer could not have known in this case unless he had looked at it with a 20X Microscope. Do we have to go out and buy a 20X Microscope too?

As mentioned earlier a Buyer on the CNBC program I mentioned about E BAY a Buyer bought a $40.00 necklace. It was broken so he sent it back to qualify under the Sellers 3 day return Policy. The Seller refused to refund his Money and the Buyer complained to Pay Pal. Pay Pal refused to do anything seeing the broken Necklace which the Buyer couldn't do because he had returned it to the Seller ti comply with his 3 day return Policy in order to qualify for the refund.

I would hardly call this bending over backwards in this case and my cases which I have detailed.

Alright already, rantrant Let's just begin an ebay hall of shame for those sellers who continually rip off their customers. Someone can volunteer to take the pms from the board members and begin a tally. If a seller receives 5 mentions from 5 different board members he/she :sick: will be "outed" with a red flag warning. If they get 10 "recommendations" ;) then they are admitted to the hall of shame. Sure, there might be legal ramifications but maybe if we make it a double secret (your name in code here)the perps won't discover their cover is blown. :devil:

A rough idea but the edges could be sanded down to make a very workable rating system for the education of everyone here who does business on the bay. Whattaya think?

Alright already, rantrant Let's just begin an ebay hall of shame for those sellers who continually rip off their customers. Someone can volunteer to take the pms from the board members and begin a tally. If a seller receives 5 mentions from 5 different board members he/she :sick: will be "outed" with a red flag warning. If they get 10 "recommendations" ;) then they are admitted to the hall of shame. Sure, there might be legal ramifications but maybe if we make it a double secret (your name in code here)the perps won't discover their cover is blown. :devil:

A rough idea but the edges could be sanded down to make a very workable rating system for the education of everyone here who does business on the bay. Whattaya think?

The alternative to a Hall of Shame is a Collectors Society "certified eBay sellers" list -- sort of a list of "GOOD EGGS" -- of RELIABLE sellers.

Nothing negative said about anyone else, but just putting in a good word for people we know and trust!

Hmmmmmmmmm. hm

Ebay Sellers police their own? Who's the insufficiently_thoughtful_person that suggested that? Considering the thousands of ebay sellers I don't think so....there are enough safeguards for buyers on the bay anyway.

What is needed is ebay to quit further meddling with sellers business, especially considering the high listing and sellers fees charged on the bay. I would not be surprised to see them hit with another lawsuit over this insane feedback change. They are literally biting the hand that feeds them.

It was a ffigure of speech. As far as Buyers having all these protections then this is nonsense. I have listed the most recent problems I have had with E Bay and the last one was the situation where a Seller not only sent me an E Mail that eh had received my Payment but after 10 days filed an unpaid item on me.

When I complained he gave the response that " I was not permanently damaged by it". There are Sellers who will not accept Bids on Buyers who have received unpaid items against them etc.

When I gave Negative feedback that " Seller accepted my Money and filed an unpaid item on me after 10 days". the Seller responded that I was a Liar and the item was shipped promptly.

I was not allowed to resond further to this Blatant lie by the Seller according to E Bay rules and when I complained about it I was ignored by E BAY.

Where were all these safeguards you mention for Buyers? So they need to stop meddling with Sellers but the above is alright for Buyers.It is amazing that no Seller has responded to my treatment above but have all these problems with their treatment.

Thousands of Sellers? According to Meg there are 132 million Sellers on EBay and if they were a Country then they would be the 9th Largest Country in the world.

So if even 1% or 1.32 million of them treated the Buyer in my example then it would be alright. I go back to my original statement. If there was a Forum for Buyers that received the above treatment and Sellers also asked that they be removed or Fined etc then amybe Buyers would feel a little better.

Where were all these safeguards you mention for Buyers? So they need to stop meddling with Sellers but the above is alright for Buyers.It is amazing that no Seller has responded to my treatment above but have all these problems with their treatment.

I know the eBay Feedback issue has been a MAJOR HOT BUTTON item as of late, since the news broke.

The matter hit close to home today when a seller left me FOUR negative feedback lines this morning, for items that I purchased in NOVEMBER 2007.

So, this sort of ties in to the new feedback policy where eBay's theory is that buyers are afraid to leave negative feedback because sellers can retaliate. Well, as I mentioned, this seller retaliated against me today.

rantrant

Here's my story. Maybe they should favor buyers more than sellers, SOMETIMES (At least that is how I felt today after getting these FOUR negative feedback ratings from one seller who really deserved the negative I gave him).

First, here was a blog I read on eBay about the feedback changes, since it sort of hit home with me today: http://ebaychatter.com/

Even as a "buyer victim" of a malicious seller, I am still not so sure about the changes, don't get me wrong, but in fairness, it was an interesting and rational perspective.

Then, here was the email I sent to the seller today AFTER I saw that he left me four negative feedback reviews for items I purchased NOVEMBER 21st, 2007! (this gives you an idea of how slow this seller is!), and without me running through ALL the details of what went wrong, you get a GENERAL feel for how badly the transaction went.

"Dear [seller name deleted to protect the not so innocent]:

1. After experiencing an over two week delay with receiving no items;

2. After sending multiple inquiries by email and getting no reply;

3. After contacting eBay to get your phone number;

4. Only then did you finally communicate with me, weeks later, that apparently one or more of my items had been "backordered" and coincidentally, the day I raise the issue, they had "come into stock;"

5. You then quickly shipped my order, weeks late at this point, preparing it perhaps too quickly because two items were overlooked;

6. When I immediately contact you about the missing items, you say they will be replaced - they are not;

7. It takes several more weeks of email, and written (paper) follow up to get replacements;

8. I communicated to you about my problem with one of the other items, and asked how to best process the return. You told me. I followed your instructions, even included the instructions, printed your email, and included it with my return to avoid any confusion;

9. When you received the return, the response I got was bizarre. I was told that I had, in fact, ordered the items. Of course I did, how else would I be returning them as previously communicated with your very company? Did you not read the enclosed documents, with the email from your own company, much less my instructions and request for a refund?

10. After some further back and forth expressing my frustration, I finally got someone else to handle the matter, and she processed the refund, and soon thereafter sent the replacement coins - so that I received them approximately SIX WEEKS after my original order.

11. NOW, after receiving the apology email below, on 02/02/2008, nearly one month later, I receive FOUR negative feedback remarks, in ALL CAPS with EXCLAMATION POINTS because I had the nerve to be factual in my feedback about these negative experiences.

If the lengthy delay, lack of communication of the initial extensive order delay, poor communication when following up afterwards, poor processing of the refund, poor handling of the missing items, and poor communication in general, all resulting in a transaction taking approximately six weeks to complete, and only then with the help of 10-12 or more emails, paper mail (in the return package), and a request to eBay for your phone number before you acted does not warrant NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, exactly what, in your opinion, does? This is not a rhetorical question. Do you believe that you provided me with exceptional service?

I did not even leave negative feedback on all of the items. I left it on the items in question. I even remarked "In fairness, nice coin." Were you, in turn, fair to me? I kept it factual.

After your APOLOGY email below, which seems to acknowledge that you were not living up to high standards, it appears to me that the feedback was nothing but retaliatory, much less untruthful, misleading, and I am shocked, and extremely disappointed to see it. It appears that this apology was simply a hollow statement, and might lead one to believe that the previous information I was given about out-of-stock items and other delays was hollow as well.

I am HOPING that this is another example of communication between your staff members being lacking, and that one hand did not know what the other was doing, and perhaps that after the service I received, one hand did not know that negative feedback left for me would be inappropriate, and that it could be addressed or rectified in some way.

I look forward to hearing from you."

The problem with the feedback policy is that it unlevels the playing field between buyer and seller.

The new policy allows buyers to leave any kind of f/b they desire.....this will generate significantly more derogatory f/b for all sellers.....even the most honest ones.

The net result will be that prices in open auctions will be driven down because of a more tarnished retailer reputation (warranted or unwaranted...it makes no difference), and, a sellers reputation can be unfairly tarnished.

If this policy is actually implemented, you may see an exodus of higher end, or quality merchandise sellers from Ebay.....Including us.

Or perhaps it makes feedback more fair by removing the chance of retaliatory negatives.

Personally, if I were in charge, I would keep the feedback hidden until both parties have left feedback or some predetermined time had been reached...Mike

Or perhaps it makes feedback more fair by removing the chance of retaliatory negatives.

This is as drastic as removing your feet so you never have to worry about athletes foot.

Personally, if I were in charge, I would keep the feedback hidden until both parties have left feedback or some predetermined time had been reached...Mike

They should leave it hidden for a set time and if the other party doesn't leave feedback, they should lose one point off their feedback score.

They should leave it hidden for a set time and if the other party doesn't leave feedback, they should lose one point off their feedback score.

I would love that; get back at some stingy sellers that don't leave feedback for repeat buyers... if I leave 2 for you, you should leave 2 for me...