• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Can't believe this is an MS66-grade it

34 posts in this topic

Agreed. The damaged NGC hologram on reverse, usually, but not always indicates coin was rejected as PCGS cross-over. Caveat Emptor !
"Damaged" NGC holograms have absolutely nothing to do with whether coins have been submitted to PCGS for cross-over.

what is this about the damaged hologram...I am unfamiliar with this rumor/speculation?.....I've had part of a hologram tear off when I removed a David Lawrence auction sticker before...don't they scrape off or peel of easily? I don't want anyone thinking my coins are rejects....

what is this about the damaged hologram...I am unfamiliar with this rumor/speculation?.....I've had part of a hologram tear off when I removed a David Lawrence auction sticker before...don't they scrape off or peel of easily? I don't want anyone thinking my coins are rejects....
Please ignore the rumor/nonsense that was mentioned on this subject. Removal of stickers like you described, and, to a lesser extent, less-than-careful handling of coins in holders, are the primary reasons for partly missing holograms. It really is that simple. ;)