• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Continental Currency - the First Declaration Of Independence?

3 posts in this topic

I know all of you collect coins but I am hopeful that this type of history will be of some value to a few of you. I LOVE the history of this hobby and it is fun to do the digging.

Anyway, if you don't like it perhaps it will be a good source for a high school'ers history paper :)

Continental Currency - the First Declaration Of Independence?

We often take a look at history through the bland impressions of our modern history books. It’s nice to see a difference of opinion, especially when told through the eyes of a hobby we all love.

Good stuff Mint.

Thanks for the kind words Dcoin

I will be adding to it all the time and hopefully finish up this month.

The article on the History channel really made me think. In both coins and currency, the deeper we get into the hobbies, the more we forget just how incredible many of these items are.

The internet and mail order makes our world much smaller but the truth is that we could search for years for items that we now (in our well connected world) consider fairly common

This person who found this old Continental note in a book was amazed at their find. So much so that they contacted several sources (museums included) and finally wound up on the History channel in an informative episode.

Funny, but if the owner of this note would have went to a dealer the dealer would have probably pointed out all the flaws, told them the price guide value (about a hundred bucks), and ended the story.

Anyway, thanks

mark