• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1997 D TRIPLE STRUCK QUARTER CAME IN TODAY

4 posts in this topic

These two coins came in today. Do you see more than what is described in the auction? Wow, the quarter is triple struck. I lucked out on this one. I thought it was double struck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3046447268&category=524&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3046441444&category=524&rd=1

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

Cool quarter kingcoin. I bought a 1946 Peruvian centavo recently with die deterioration doubling and ejection doubling that looks triple struck, but isn't really. There's a guy selling three of them on eBay at the moment. I recognize the reverse die on one as being the same as mine from the repunched VO in centavo. Funny how after staring at a coin for so long you can pick those things out from a tiny picture.

78_1.JPG

Crito,

I think it is neat how you can pick out patterns in the fields of coins which usually can determine if a coin is multiple struck or not. You can tell the VO is offset right through the plastic and you can see some of the wreath in the fields.Hard to tell if it is triple struck though.Good eye.

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

Yeah, mine has clash marks on both sides, that's probably the extra stuff in the fields. Half of the denticles on reverse are missing due to overpolishing... which is likely why they had to repunch the letters too. Those guys in Lima really got their money's worth out of dies. wink.gif