• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beware eBay Item/Seller

7 posts in this topic

I checked out this item and got seller to send a scan of the date. For those of you not familiar with patterns, there was no design like this in 1872. I looked at the scan and blew it up and there seems to be a 3 under the 2 (i.e. an altered date). Also, the 2 seems fake, if you look at the shape. I emailed the seller and asked about the 3. He never responded, but previously said this was found by a house that had been demolished and that he was selling for a friend. BEWARE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1394954997

rkkay, supposedly, the seller was decent enough to note in his listing that he had received emails ( I sent him one and apparently a few other people did also) stating that the coin was altered or a fake. I give him credit for that.

I've contacted eBay on a few cases of obvious fraud and they have NOT ONCE done a thing about it. For a couple of cases, they were the same seller repeating a similar fraud with different coins. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Hoot

The "two" has the definite look of having been tampered with.

EBay will not enforce it's rules. Don't expect much help from them. I am very interested in seeing the outcome of the Federal Investigation, but that is a different topic. tongue.gif