• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you think this will turn out? (latest ebay gamble)

12 posts in this topic

I just won this on the bay for about 100 bucks. I see some luster.......what do you think, EX-45 or AU-50? Problem Free? Or Problems?

There is a huge price jump between XF-40 and AU-50.

Gamble?

I would love to see some better pics...

Did you ask the seller for some?

I don't see any problem with the obverse, but the reverse may have been cleaned and retoned. At any rate you can't get hurt too badly for $100. A nice EF, which this coin has that much "meat" (detail) is worth more than $100 on a wholesale basis.

Not my area but the Reverse looks like it has been cleaned. This would be a BB by NGC . If this is the case then the only ones that will slab it will be NCS ot ANACS with Details

Nice quarter, JJ. I got a '53 off ebay also, not as nice as yours though.

There is a rim glare on obv and rev and a 2x2 glare on the lower shield that is not on the coin. It will go nicely into my 7070.

1853W_ArrowsLibertySeatedQuarter.jpg

Bid with confidence, because if you are not satisfied, you may return the coin for a full refund of your purchase price and shipping costs both ways. I will ship via USPS registered and insured; slow but dependable.

Now that's a great return policy.

I think the obverse is a solid au 53-55, IMHO-

well rounded arms - only faint rubon the high points.

The reverse - as everyone else has mentioned, is a little off.

At least you have a good return policy.

Personally, I like the coin - and it'd be

a perfect addition to a 7070.