• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trivia Time

11 posts in this topic

Which legal tender US coins have absolutely no living thing pictured on neither the obverse nor the reverse. This includes human representations (including heads, hands, full torso, etc.), plants, twigs, etc.

p.s. I counted 7, maybe 8 different issues. confused-smiley-013.gif

Let's see.... going from memory alone...

Shield nickel

Two cent coin

Three cent silver

Probably some commems, I don't know them all.

Ahh, forgot about the Fugio cent and the Continental Dollar. Although I don't know if the CD is legal tender or not. And the bar cent. I'm sure there are some commems, but can't think of any off the top of my head.

I didn't include those since they are not legal tender in the United States of America. (to my knowledge)

Which legal tender US coins have absolutely no living thing pictured on neither the obverse nor the reverse. This includes human representations (including heads, hands, full torso, etc.), plants, twigs, etc.

p.s. I counted 7, maybe 8 different issues. confused-smiley-013.gif

Let's see.... going from memory alone...

Shield nickel

Two cent coin

Three cent silver

Probably some commems, I don't know them all.

Hate to burst the bubble guys 893naughty-thumb.gif, but those wreaths on the nickel and two cent piece are plants, twigs, and the like. So, that only leaves the trime and the pre-Mint issues mentioned. makepoint.gif I can't think of a commem that does not have at least a hand on it.

Hoot

Hate to burst the bubble guys 893naughty-thumb.gif, but those wreaths on the nickel and two cent piece are plants, twigs, and the like. So, that only leaves the trime and the pre-Mint issues mentioned. makepoint.gif I can't think of a commem that does not have at least a hand on it.

Hoot

And to further burst this bubble, it's only the type 1 trime. The type 2 and 3 both have a small branch added on the reverse.

Hate to burst the bubble guys 893naughty-thumb.gif, but those wreaths on the nickel and two cent piece are plants, twigs, and the like. So, that only leaves the trime and the pre-Mint issues mentioned. makepoint.gif

Hoot

Oops, busted! Pre-issues do not count. So, just one 19th century?

Ok, commems are what remains.

1) Delaware tercentenary

2) 2002 Olympic $1 & $5

3) well, I'm not going to do all of the work............