• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Husak collection of large cents

18 posts in this topic

Have I died and gone to heaven? hm

http://coins.ha.com/common/search_results.php?Ne=35&N=51+793+794+791+1577+307+4294959869

This is one Heritage catalog that won't be heading to the recycle bin any time soon. Now on to the coins....

Are you kidding, a S-67 Liberty Cap in 67 red-brown? (worship)

http://coins.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=460&Lot_No=2069#photo

Man, at times like this I wish I had a few hundred thousand dollars to throw at some truly amazing coins....but likely I will sit on the sidelines as these coins go for moon money...Mike

Funky insert on that slab:

stupid Heritage - wassup with their images?

Yea,,,,Like you don't have Laura on a plane right now going to check it out for you meh ..

You should bid $100 on that '94 RB just so you could say you were high bidder at one point.

hm

Congratulations, you're the current high bidder:

Your secret maximum: $1,000.00 ($1,150.00 with BP)

I don't think it will hold up long, do you? lol

Funky insert on that slab:

stupid Heritage - wassup with their images?

All their in-slab photos look way off -- to my eye at least half stop underexposed. Almost like they let them go through their "normal" (i.e. crappy) photo/scan process. Then the coins were photographed again for the catalog -- with equally head-scratching results -- and both photos appear in the online auction.

However, copper is chameleon-like in its ablity to change color under different lighting conditions, so perhaps it is not all that head-scratching after all.

Really makes me kick myself for not getting to FUN where I understand they were available for viewing. I'd really love to hear someone discuss any of these coins they had a chance to see in-hand, as the way the next month looks I'll not have the chance to get to Long Beach either :( , and I'll bet quite a few of them look entirely different in-hand than in the photos.

Have fun...Mike

Are you kidding, a S-67 Liberty Cap in 67 red-brown? (worship)

http://coins.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=460&Lot_No=2069#photo

I believe that is the finest known S-67 - a "miracle coin" so to speak.

Any idea/guess how much it will go for (i.e. how much do I need to sell my soul for in order to finance the purchase)? I don't think I could even guess....

...and FIVE 1793 Liberty Caps???!!!

Sure one for four of the five of the collectible varieties. He doesn't have the fifth one or the NC-6. Somehow a duplicate S-13 got in there.

You should bid $100 on that '94 RB just so you could say you were high bidder at one point.

hm

Congratulations, you're the current high bidder:

Your secret maximum: $1,000.00 ($1,150.00 with BP)

I don't think it will hold up long, do you? lol

Your secret maximum bid of $1000.00 has been outbid

Lasted about 5 hours. :(

OK I'm taking my five minutes of fame as the high bidder right now. I think I'm not likely to raise any cash so long as the price stays 5 figures. Now those 93 Liberty caps would be very high on my list if a chunk of change lands in my lap in the next 3 weeks. That has always been at the top of my want list (even ahead of the 73-s seated dollar). --Jerry

That has always been at the top of my want list (even ahead of the 73-s seated dollar).

Take my advice, if you have the money and you find yourself in the position of having to chose between a 93 cap and a 73-S seated dollar, take the dollar. There will always be other chances at a 93 cap, but you'll almost certainly never have another chance at the 73-S dollar. :)

That has always been at the top of my want list (even ahead of the 73-s seated dollar).

Take my advice, if you have the money and you find yourself in the position of having to chose between a 93 cap and a 73-S seated dollar, take the dollar. There will always be other chances at a 93 cap, but you'll almost certainly never have another chance at the 73-S dollar. :)

...Agreed!!! 700 minted according to mint records but unknown in any collection...L

I will look at a high end Liberty Cap Cent @ Long Beach, because that is as close as I'll ever get to owning one of them.

A few people whose judgement I trust told me to forget about getting anything from that collection. While it's the finest collection of early copper to become available in my lifetime, I get the impression that many people are willing to pay a strong premium for the provenance of these coins (the ones which interest me have all been in the collections of "who's who" of coin collecting history).

Personally, I want the coin. I don't care if it was owned by King Farouk, sold by Abe Kosoff, or whether it was kept for posterity by someone who was a toilet attendant at Coney Island in 1902.