• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade on THIS Columbian...

7 posts in this topic

well, besides the 1893/93 Columbian, I also had this one hanging around...BLAST white....obverse and reverse...images dont do it any justice (but then again, none of my images do any of my coins justice). BUT, by glancing at the coin, and I know you cant place a grade on an image, if you want to/dare to/care to guess the grade on this one, please do so......thanx! Oh, is there any way to get that ???

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/TheMightyDuke/columbian015-1.jpg' alt='columbian015-1.jpg'>[/img]

My Personal grading on these depends on the rear sail and its detailed ribbing -

64 is about what is see in that picture :)

To remove the from your post, you must perform a super-secret ritual involving, among other things, sacrificing a buffalo nickle in a grove of sycamore trees at midnight under a full moon, wild dancing, and brief nudity.

Or, if you prefer, you may send me this nice Columbian, and I will tell you an easier way. :)

Just Bob...I got some sycamore trees in the yard next to mine, and just happen to have a few Buffs, WITH dates, so...should that fail.....lol Thanx for the compliment on the Columbian....wonder if I should send her in and see where the ax may fall on her...certainly cant go any lower, and I was thinking 64 minimum....slight shot at 65 (depending on how good a nite the graders had the nite before), but this should be a 64 at the very least. And for the life of me, this thing is so 'newly minted', I just cant get a good shot of her...

columbian.jpg

Jgrinz...the ribbing on the sails is just about perfect....coming from the Boston area, its not quite as perfect as the Patriots have been, but this coin is a killer that deserves better than it has now.....this looks better than most MS66 Presidentials dollars I have seen...thats MY opinion...lol