• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Question

7 posts in this topic

I guess it would go here. If not im sorry.

I was thinking of selling my silver coins. nothing rare but for the silver content. So i did some research found a site that gives you a price for the silver worth in each silver coins like how silver merc and roose. dimes its 1.16 worth of silver in it. is that what id expect to get or close to it maybe getting like 90 cents a dime. if so how does this work and where do i go to do this.

By the website i have about 745$ in silver content in my room. in nickels dimes halves and quarters . I do have 2 silver dollars but i dont want to really sell them. any ideas. or suggestions or feelings about how i shoudl go about doing this.

Howdy, Mulie. Welcome to the boards. (thumbs u

You should post this in the Money Marketplace on these boards. Go to the main menu and it is the bottom one in the coins section.

Good luck!

What I got is the following

46 war time nickels

230 silver dimes

50 silver quarters

22 halves that are 64 and earlier

the other 68 i believe ( the total is ) is 65-69

if i choose to sell i will but i was looking for info about how the process is done and what i should expect. a little info from people who might have done it and people who buy and how the general practice is done

They sell for a multiple of face depending upon spot value. They are not sold for numismatic value but for the bullion content (in general). I've seen charts that tell the value of X coin based upon current spot price in one of the leading numismatic papers. If someone could post a link to such a chart then that would be real helpful.

Knowing your coin's value gives you the knowledge to sell at fair market value. Once you find their value then offer them for sell in the Marketplace or on e-bay. You might do better on ebay since the bidders often get in a frenzy. Keep in mind that most dealers actually pay less than spot price for bullion. This even goes for proof platinum American Eagles.

At the current spot price of $15.93, all of your coins have a melt value of $692.09. Dealers around here pay 93% of melt value, I'd bet you could get close to $700 for the lot on eBay or in the money marketplace.