• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1971 D in the NGC letter signed by J.T. Stanton

5 posts in this topic

I won this auction for 9.99 on Ebay this is what the seller had for a description. What do you Think?

What we have here is a partial victory!

When I sent this to NGC as a double, they said it was not, so I sent it to PCI for a Presidential Review, by one of the best in the field of numismatic errors; JT Stanton, co-author of The Cherrypickers' Guide along with some other coins I thought were errors.

This was my only victory, sort of!

Under Mr. Stanton's signature on coin number two, he states although this is not an FS-102, it is a double die, although minor.

This auction is for the 1971 D in the NGC slab as pictured along with the letter signed by J.T. Stanton, co-author of The Cherrypickers' Guide to Die Errors and current president of PCI.

My starting bid is $9.99

If bidding outside of the US or Canada, please inquire about postage and handling.

JtStanton.jpg

I think this guy didn't know anything about varieties. Man, that's a whole lot of striking out. As for the price you paid, if that is what you would pay for that coin then fine, but don't expect to get any premium off the minor DD.

Where I see the victory is where you can get a decent coin like that for less than the cost of the grading fee! I mean $9.99? A bargain with or without the DD, and a fine addition to any Kennedy collection.