• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can Someone Loan Me A Few Dollars??

27 posts in this topic

THAT IS THE MOST DISGUSTING THING I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. Get a friggin' life!

TDN, are you referring to me? You don't like the way I look? Or is it something else you are upset about?

"NOW WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THE CRACK HAPPENING IN THAT PARTICULAR SPOT WITH THE SAME ANGLE OF TRAJECTORY. THEY HAVE GOT TO BE A TRILLION TO ONE"

Well, considering that there were 2,484,594 clad proofs Kennedies made and the seller states that there are at least 4 of the die cracked coins known, we already have empirical proof that the odds of the crack happening in that particular spot are 1 in 2,484,594 The odds of finding a coin with that die crack are 4 in 2,484,594, or 1 in 621,148.5 - not one in a trillion. laugh.giftongue.gif

What a dickmeister.

Hoot

BTW Gunsmoke, your picture is very endearing. laugh.gifshocked.gifblush.gifsmile.gifgrin.gif

Folks,

You all could be right in saying that the auction is disgusting, or that the seller is a dickmeister. Or, maybe the auction is meant as comic relief. For a starting price of $1M, and such hyperbole, I certainly didn't take it seriously.

EVP

Mark,

I bet you could not find that same error on any Cladded Proof Kennedy ever minted. You think? BTW that name you called me sounds like a new beer you are advertising. Perhaps, you should take a swig of it.

Patrick McNulty

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

Patrick - I simply find the language of your advertisement tasteless. I'm willing to take my own medicine, a.k.a. a swig of my own beer, but are you willing to take responsibility for what you do?

I don't intend on discussing this further, but if you wish to take another shot at me, who cares.

As for the coin itself, The Kennedies in the prestige sets were copper-nickel clad, not silver. Also, a die crack can be an interesting thing, but not worth a significant, if any, premium, no matter how "spooky" it is. So, I hope your ad was a joke.

Hoot

Mike,

I have edited my statement so it may be more accurate as well as the e bay post. I am willing to bet there are no other coins out there with that error on it.Show me one. I challenge anyone to show me one. One person told me he had two of them but he failed to show them to me. Don't get me wrong. The event was horrible and no man deserves to die like that.

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

The assassination was terrible and for anyone who was alive at the time, even as children, it was a moment that stood in time when the news broke. And with that being said, it's just a die crack and I hope the reserve is just a joke.

I have things that noone has seen but they probably wouldn't pay that much to have them.

That's very true. Once I bought a 1967 Ford Fairlane with many miles and a rusted frame that lasted about 2 months. It was an error and definitely one of a kind (cars similar, not exactly the same) but not one that will bring top dollar for resale.

EVP,

I ignore flaming trolls.Your comments are annoying and disruptive.

A troll is an individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion.

You think?

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

You, sir, are an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Any serious numismatist would know to market your quarters as a die scratch verses a die break. That's where the true money is! My god, you've cost yourself hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost profit. Sad...so sad.