• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For my 1500th post...

35 posts in this topic

I am going to do a guessing game/giveaway.

Alright, here is what you are playing for

Part 1 - 1960s Silver Washington Quarter, either UNC or Proof, I haven't decided yet.

Part 2 - A grab bag of foreign coins, from all over including some silver.

The Setup

As many of you know, I graduated from college last spring with a BS in Engineering Physics, focusing on satellites and near earth space (I like to say that I majored in Rocket Science). I got a really good job in August, but with all the confusion of moving and setting up a new life, I never got around to making a post about it, or doing anything for my 1000th post. So, I am going to do it for my 1500th instead.

PART 1

For Part 1, guess what city I moved to. The person that comes closest will win. I will use Google maps driving distances between the city you give me and the city I now live in to determine who is closest.

Hint: I am somewhere in the Continental US.

PART 2

For Part 2, guess what my job is. Guess what company I work for, or guess what I am doing. Either one will win, and you have to guess it correctly to win this one.

Hint: It's nothing like what you think it is, so guess again.

I am starting this on Friday night, so lets play until the evening of Tuesday the 22nd.

Good luck, and have fun! :thumbsup:

You moved to Silver Spring, Maryland and you work for Comsat at NASA Goddard as a (freakin') rocket scientist, of course.

If true, as president of the Montgomery County Coin Club, I invite you to our next meeting!

Scott :hi:

You moved to Silver Spring, Maryland and you work for Comsat at NASA Goddard as a (freakin') rocket scientist, of course.

If true, as president of the Montgomery County Coin Club, I invite you to our next meeting!

Scott, where and when does the M3C usually meet?

Chris

Chris

The second Tuesday of each month. Meeting information is here. Anyone who is in the Washington, DC area, even if you are visiting, are welcome! All meetings feature member exhibits showing off new finds, an educational session, door prizes, gold raffle, and a 35-40 lot auction.

Chris

The second Tuesday of each month. Meeting information is here. Anyone who is in the Washington, DC area, even if you are visiting, are welcome! All meetings feature member exhibits showing off new finds, an educational session, door prizes, gold raffle, and a 35-40 lot auction.

I've bookmarked it in case I ever get back to the D.C. area.

Thanks!

Chris

If your lucky Air Force Maui Optical and Supercomputing (AMOS) observatory and your job is looking up

It's something daring, The Continental,

A way of dancing that's really ultra-new.

It's very subtle, The Continental,

Because it does what you want it to do.

Just a hint, for those of you who missed it. BTW, I had a friend who did an internship there, and he said it was awesome.

1. San Diego, CA

2.a. Advanced Information Engineering Services,

b. Close Earth Satellite Observation

Now this would be a cool job for you, hope I'm right. ^^

Couple of Questions ...

Was yers a 4 year or Five year program of education ...

Was the MOVE because of the Job recently attained ... AND if so How far did you have to move to be able to accept this job.

AND last but not least ..

Was the money spent on this education REALLY needed for this recently attained job you spoke of?

Cause appearently you like food

" Reviewed on Nov. 7, 2006 by physicsfan3.14 This recipe has potential, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. There just seemed to be something missing (and I am not good enough in the kitchen to know what it is yet.) One word of warning: when you add the other ingredients to the oil and sesame seeds, it will splatter like crazy. For this reason, do not cook the oil and sesame seeds over too much heat (or you will burn yourself.) "

"

Reviewed by: physicsfan3.14

"I added some cinnamon and nutmeg, and this was amazing. I had friends over and served it with stuffing, corn, biscuits, and a bottle of German Riesling wine. You couldn't have asked for a better meal "

>>>

NO One said you could not ask questions BEFORE venturing a GUESS as the Question is WAY too vague unless you intimately know the poser of the question.

laugh.gif

Reviewed on Nov. 7, 2006 by physicsfan3.14 This recipe has potential, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. There just seemed to be something missing (and I am not good enough in the kitchen to know what it is yet.) One word of warning: when you add the other ingredients to the oil and sesame seeds, it will splatter like crazy. For this reason, do not cook the oil and sesame seeds over too much heat (or you will burn yourself.)

I would suggest adding 1 red bell pepper. If you're not going for vegetarian, I would also suggest adding 1/4 lb chicken breast per serving (so 2 lbs since it says it serves 8). (thumbs u

I would suggest adding 1 red bell pepper. If you're not going for vegetarian, I would also suggest adding 1/4 lb chicken breast per serving (so 2 lbs since it says it serves 8). (thumbs u

heh heh heh he said breast .... :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Couple of Questions ...

Was yers a 4 year or Five year program of education ...

Was the MOVE because of the Job recently attained ... AND if so How far did you have to move to be able to accept this job.

It is supposed to be a four year degree, but over half the students take five because it is so hard. I finished in four. I moved because of the job, but I'm not going to say how far, because many of you know that I lived in Charleston before. That would immediately narrow the results down some (unless I moved to Washington, haha).

And impressive research, good job. I like to cook, and I like to have guests over. That first review was for a recipe with broccoli, and you drizzled this sauce over the top. The second review was for some cranberry pork chops that were absolutely amazing!

Some good guesses, guys. A few of them have given me quite a laugh! :)