• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ok another case of the what are theys.

11 posts in this topic

Hard Times token

Russian 2 Kopeks

Finnish 1 Penni (large 3)

German 2 Pfennig

French 5 Centimes

Uruguay 2 Centesimos

State of North Borneo 2 1/2 Cents

Sarawak 1 Cent

unknown 10

Chinese 10 Cash (maybe Yunnan Province)

unknown Chinese (?) cash

Straits Settlement 1 Cent

Not entirely sure what you are trying to ask here. For the most part these are easily identifiable, and MTHead has done a good job of it. As for values, just look them up in Krause.

The unknown 10 that MTHead couldn't identify is from Israel. The -script is a dead giveaway, every time.

The square-holed coin ID'd by MTHead as "unknown Chinese (?) cash", in the bottom line, is a Japanese 11 wave copper 4 mon from the same general time period (1769-1860) as C#4.2, listed in Krause. The side shown in the top picture needs to be rotated 135 degrees to the right.

The legend on the posted coin is not the same as the one in Krause.

Pre-Meiji coinage is not my specialty, but I think it's the one cast in Meiwa 6 (1769), and listed as Shin-Kaneisen #75 in the Japanese Numismatic Dealers Association Catalog. If so, it's catalog price in circulated condition is ¥150-200 ($1.40-2.10). Indicative of their rarity in uncirculated condition, the catalog value jumps to ¥20-40,000 ($210-420).

Is that a gold coin? Looks like a british one.

Or maybe its a esudoes from spain

No, its not a coin at all. Like MTHead said, it is token of some sort, though the obverse is patterned after a Great Britain coin. Note that it says Georgius III, Dei Gratia, the classic British obverse. It's probably brass or something like that.

im going to keep them cause they are kool.the krause thing isnt that easy if the person i baught them from would send! i kant wait to search.

im going to keep them cause they are kool.the krause thing isnt that easy if the person i baught them from would send! i kant wait to search.

Cool coins ant! I've bought those gold coins from you before (Remember the austrailian nugget and the 2 peso?) Still have them.

I'd like to do business with you again sometime in the future. You have good prices and are a good friend!

Keep in touch

thanks man! apreciate it! i am holfing off on gold right now due to the value so high. i dont want to sell to just "richer"people so thats why i havnt got at you with new gold. in 2 months i will be done with my diaomds portion of gemology, and am worried that i wont be able to make sales cause of the spot price. i already have 3 very nice diamond and gold on ebay and it doesnt even have a watcher :) my buddys in the brick n morter store are freekin out also. its almost valintines day and sales are down.

my services will be for those who cant aford the blingy bling but want bling. but the spot of gold is making it almost unafordable for customers. they can buy a diamond with no problem but the gold is 3 times that!

The Israeli coin is a 10 Pruta, Haven't checked the date but it is probably 1949 or early 50's.

The Chinese tn Cash next to it is Kiang-Nan Province.

The first piece is a counter piece, and is what is known as an imitation spade guinea. Or form the apparent size of this one an imitation spade half guinea. There is a book on these, and there are over a thousand different varieties cataloged.