• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$50 dollar gold union story

3 posts in this topic

Anyway my friend Tom getting a little old 84 and asks me about splitting up his collection for his grand kids.So know some of his coins but he tells me he meeds to stop by the bank someday and pick up the FIFTY DOLLAR coins he has in his safety deposit box first .I start to choke say to him don't you mean $20 gold coins he says no their $50 gold coins.

I ask him where he got them and said when he was in the Koren war one of his fellow soldiers father gave this guy 7 $50 us gold coins to use as a bribe money if he were to be captured.Now I'm thinking so I say bet their 1915 Panama 50 round because he said their round and tell him their worth some bucks big bucks. Now he says no their from the 1800

can't think of the date but for sure 18??.Tom I said to him if their 4 and from the 1800's you need a professional but I would love to see them.It was a day to remember he takes me with him to his bank and comes out with 7 1820 and 3 1832 Capped Bust half dollars with gold guild on them and really beat up asked how they got that way and he said from hitting the floor during a craps game where he won them for the other guy .Had explain that 50 c were cents he was thinking C roman numeral for 100 so $50 seem right to him anyway Great Day