• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANA membership question

17 posts in this topic

I plan to join the ANA soon because I plan to go to the ANA's national money show in phoenix at the convention center to go to the grading, conservation, and authentication class. Just to verify, the class is held at the convention center right? I guess I'll get more information about it when I sign up.

I heard that to be a ANA membership dealer you have to agree to certain ethics, etc. As a member joining for a YN membership ($20) what do I have to agree to?

Here is a Linkster, Stinkster. click on "Bylaws and code of ethics" in the second paragraph. It is a PDF file, so you will need adobe acrobat to open it. :)

How do I sign up for $20? (As a YN)

Also, to sign up do I have to read the entire thing?

It has alot of law jargon in it.

In glancing at the bylaws, it appears that if you are under 18, you need a parent or guardian to sign with you (as a witness), so I would contact the ANA to be sure. The phone number and email address for membership are on that same page.

As far as the code of ethics is concerned, it basically says that you promise not to lie, cheat, or steal, so just keep your nose clean, and you'll be all right. :)

In glancing at the bylaws, it appears that if you are under 18, you need a parent or guardian to sign with you (as a witness), so I would contact the ANA to be sure. The phone number and email address for membership are on that same page.

As far as the code of ethics is concerned, it basically says that you promise not to lie, cheat, or steal, so just keep your nose clean, and you'll be all right. :)

Thanks Bob. I'll be 20 this feburary. :)

then you need to join as an adult member

Adult membership starts at 23, according to the application form. I just looked into it myself, because I thought I was too old for the discounted rate.

BTW, I'm 22 for a few more months.

then you need to join as an adult member

Adult membership starts at 23, according to the application form. I just looked into it myself, because I thought I was too old for the discounted rate.

BTW, I'm 22 for a few more months.

On the first page to sign up, I don't see the discounted rate. I'd imagine it's there just later on the forum?

then this is good for you sign up as a YN until 23 a great value

also participate in the free roman coin project

ask about that program also for new yn members

then this is good for you sign up as a YN until 23 a great value

also participate in the free roman coin project

ask about that program also for new yn members

roman coin project? That sounds exciting, whats that?

I agree its a good value. Thanks michael!

Also thanks to DaveG for pointing that out.

roman coin project? That sounds exciting, whats that?

I agree its a good value. Thanks Michael!

From the way you worded that I assume you have probably found out what it is but just in case, and for any other YN's that might be interested. The Roman coin project is a program for YN's where by completing various tasks (giving a talk, exhibiting etc) they can earn a free ancient coin. It is possible to earn up to twelve coins, some Greek, some Roman, Byzantine etc The coins are identified and frankly the ones I've seen that some of the YN's have earned are pretty decent. These are not just worn out low grade junk. I think it is a great program and I am sorry that the ANA doesn't promote it more. I would guess that a majority of the membership probably doesn't even know it exists. A YN who had completed the program did an exhibit with hers on the Roman Coin Project at the Greater Cincinnati Numismatic Expo this past September. It was very impressive.

How do I sign up for $20? (As a YN)

Also, to sign up do I have to read the entire thing?

It has alot of law jargon in it.

I'm surprised I'm the first person to mention this (after so many posters), but you shouldn't ever sign any contract without reading it first...particularly when the contract pertains to your ethics.

Does anyone know if its possible to sign up as a YN (Under 23) on the online form? Since I live quite aways from colorado I'd much rather fill out the online form as a YN and get the $20 fee for one year than rather fill out the PDF file online, select YN, and then mail it.

I asked the ANA but am pending a response.