• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please delete this post :(

33 posts in this topic

The transferring of coins that have not been sold is out and out fraud.I mentioned the possibilty of purchasing a coin and having the Seller acknowledge it and before receiveing the Coin enter it into the Registr since it is their coin

There have been a few times when I was told that the coin was in another Registry but mostly I have not been told of this being the case. Of Course, many are coins that I have had personally slabbed. The few times I have had this happen it has been acknowleged by the next day. I don't know how quick because sometimes I do not get on the Computer for 24 hours to read my E MAIL.

I have had a few cases where I have used a PCGS Slab and have had to wait for confirmation to verify it as it is not in the NGC Database.

Never had a case where somebody refused to transfer it.

I had to prove ownership of a coin once when trying to add a coin, and the funny thing is...it involved someone mentioned in this thread continually rejecting my request. A photo of the slab, my drivers license, and date finally got the transfer done.

I think that I would be leary photoing my DL and sending it across the web. I also don't see where this would show proof when a photo of the coin can be gotten from a seller pic. Dates can be changed for anything. I would think that this situation would be an email from NGC C.S. asking for a phone call to give this type of personal information.

I don't think you understand. The pic was of the slab sitting on top of my DL (covering up all info except my name) and with my local paper (date showing). If somebody can photoshop up that mix, they can have the coin. Next time, I'll probably be in the pic holding all the items. :)