• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dumb question # 1...

11 posts in this topic

My first potentially dumb question here is this, I know the Cheerio's Sac's are from a different reverse than regular reverse types. How are they different and does anyone have some up close pics?

Also has there been any found in circulation?

Thanks for what probably has been asked many times before.... [font:Book Antiqua] [/font]

Bajablu....as more than 99.9% of the people here, ATS, anywhere will tell you, there IS no such thing as a stupid question!!! Thats why we belong to a great forum here....got a question, you will get an answer. And, as has been brought up in other threads, posters here generally wont have their way with you before they give an answer (as opposed to ATS, and I think you know exactly what I am talking about)....sometimes the grass IS greener on the other side!!!!!

Welcome to the neighborhood!

As has already been said, "There are no stupid questions." There are only stupid answers, and I have become very adept at giving stupid answers. lol However, I will try to be serious this time.

It is difficult to estimate how many of the 5,500 that were struck for the Cheerios promotion actually made their way into general circulation. Personally, I have searched about 30,000 of the 2000P Sac's from bank boxes and have never found one.

(Pat) Braddick is credited by many people for having the first "Cheerios Dollar" authenticated. I would imagine that he has a lot of background information on it, and he may be able to give you some figures if he is in the neighborhood.

Chris

It is difficult to estimate how many of the 5,500 that were struck for the Cheerios promotion actually made their way into general circulation. Personally, I have searched about 30,000 of the 2000P Sac's from bank boxes and have never found one.

If 5,000 of them managed to escape into circulation and get mixed with the regular 2000 P coins, and you got a random sample in your 30 boxes, you would have a .02% chance of finding one. When you get to 1,500 boxes you'll be up to a 1% chance

awesome. thanks everyone. and yes duke, the grass is greener here. alot.

I see the diff. with the tail feathers. thast pretty cool. Why did they use a different reverse? if anyone knows...

Thanks again.

awesome. thanks everyone. and yes duke, the grass is greener here. alot.

I see the diff. with the tail feathers. thast pretty cool. Why did they use a different reverse? if anyone knows...

Thanks again.

I believe it is considered to be a pattern. They struck them, and then tweaked things to get a better strike, or better die life, or more efficiency, or any number of reasons.

If 5,000 of them managed to escape into circulation and get mixed with the regular 2000 P coins, and you got a random sample in your 30 boxes, you would have a .02% chance of finding one. When you get to 1,500 boxes you'll be up to a 1% chance

Yeah, I know! The chances are about as likely as hitting the Powerball, but you can't win if you don't play.

Chris

I recently opened a box of Multigrain Cheerios with the Millenium promotion coin(s) inside. I sat on it for about a week before opening, and I could have done an x-ray of the contents at work to find out if a treasure was inside or not without breaking the seal. In the end, temptation won over, and I opened it.

No treasure. :(