• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

accented hair?

51 posts in this topic

Google is your friend: All you need to know, and then some

Diagnostics are on BOTH sides of the coin ... Need also a better picture of the Obverse

Actually, the original obverse image, alone, was quite sufficient to make the determination. And (thank god) I'm not even a Kennedy nerd. ;)

thanks for your help all! it is about to be free'd from its prizon right now! thanks i will do a pic of it outside its casing!

thanks for your help all! it is about to be free'd from its prizon right now! thanks i will do a pic of it outside its casing!
Ant I did a little work on your picks...I think you have a Very nice ACHair Kennedy that I think may go Cam..The reverse is solid and the shield is Really nice and well struck.

The obverse however has a milk spot above the temple and that is going to limit the grade..

The coin is still hard to find as a Cam though so Keep hunting..

scan01121.jpg

scan01131.jpg

Diagnostics on the reverse say otherwise NO Broken rays and a rounded "G" in the initials and not a flat backed "G"

My Opinion by the pictures - They are a little on the darkside though so tough to tell

Diagnostics on the reverse say otherwise NO Broken rays and a rounded "G" in the initials and not a flat backed "G"

My Opinion by the pictures - They are a little on the darkside though so tough to tell

Doesn't the obverse make it a slam dunk that it is an AH?

i wasnt going to take it out but i wanted to know what it realy looked like if it looked good already! im so glad i broke it out! im thinking cam now! i dont know the grade though. im thinking maybe a proof68 cam. what do you all think?

According to RUSS it has to have 'all' diagnostics to be an accented hair.

Again in hand things may appear different

Truncated "I"

Flat Backed "G" on the initial on the reverse

and Broken Rays on the reverse - Between the two stars

Hair is tough to tell sometime because of weak strikes ...

According to RUSS it has to have 'all' diagnostics to be an accented hair.

Again in hand things may appear different

I emailed Russ and not surprisingly, he said it's AH. And I bet he didn't need to see the reverse to know it.

i wasnt going to take it out but i wanted to know what it realy looked like if it looked good already! im so glad i broke it out! im thinking cam now! i dont know the grade though. im thinking maybe a proof68 cam. what do you all think?
I will stick by what I posted earlier with one exception..The milk spot I saw may be more marginal than I first thought..

If you are going to submit it you should give it a bath or send it to NCS first.I can't say what it will grade except that I think it will Cam.

I learned what I know from Russ ATS years ago and made quite a bit of money from AH Kennedy's..

I still have a couple Pr68's (One cam one not)and whenever I am in a shop I check every set I can..

It's an easy and profitable cherry pick..

Good job ant...

I would do a quick dip myself, but that's me. The bad thing about most of these in the cello is that a dip doesn't usually get all the spotting off. It looks abot PF63 right now to me. If NCS or a dip could move this to at least 65 or higher it may be worth it. Now if it turns out to be a Dcam, then it would be worth it. hard to tell by the pics for that tho'.