• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mintstate

8 posts in this topic

ahahh justbob, its from an old bmx video/ i figured more people would reply. do u all just purchase coins? i really cant see how u cant get coins from the mint for free. someone has to be the first person to recieve the coins... any help is appreciated.

As James has stated, a lot depends on your local banks size & location. Recently, a collector, writing in one of the hobby mags, was bemoaning the fact that they weren't able to get any mint state rolls, so you are not alone. If I were you, I would try asking your bank if new rolls were available, and if not, maybe try another bank, or ask a friend or relative in another area to purchase some for you. As a last resort, they are frequently sold on ebay.

As an aside, establishing a friendly relationship with a bank teller or two can provide you with a valuable ally in your quest for coins!

yea im a insufficiently_thoughtful_person i just never asked the teller for new ones. i guess thats why!! i live in nyc an theres atleast a bank every other block. if i send a ddr to a grading service is there any way they would return it ungraded. i just want it in a case

if i send a ddr to a grading service is there any way they would return it ungraded. i just want it in a case

No., Well let me revise that, I do believe it may be possible to just have it returned as Genuine, but the cost would be the same as having it graded. If you just want it in a protective case it would be a lot cheaper to simply put it in a Coin World shell. If you are wanting it authenticated as a DDR and put in a slab as genuine then ANACS is probably your best bet, but you should call and talk to them about it before you send it in.

yea i wanted it to be in a slab stating ddr. after going on the anacs website it doesnt seem worth it to be slabbed, costing almost 20$ and i wouldnt be selling the coin. plus all my coins are found in rolls an grade id say between 45-57. i think im just gonna pick up some airtights.