• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woohoo! Received my first slabbed coin... ever

7 posts in this topic

Just received my first coin in plastic I bought it slabbed, did not submit. It's really no big deal, just a PCGS 1990S Kennedy PR69DCAM for $13 including s&h. I'm just excited!!! It's so shiny in the fields and frosty on the face.

Also thanks to Jtryka for offering me a PCGS and NGC slab box for the price of shipping.

If I didn't say it before, this is one of the most helpful and friendly boards (not just coins) I have been a member. The advice is a little more detailed here than the other side. They just tend to tell you "good job" or "you got robbed" without any really useful or constructive details.

I am not just saying that to get more stars by my name smile.gif

They just tend to tell you "good job" or "you got robbed" without any really useful or constructive details.

As Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations."

Evidently, they do.

27_laughing.gif

Beijim

I realize many people write about the virtues of raw coins, however, I take great pleasure in looking at my slabbed coins, too. They allow one to feel somewhat more protected in handling the piece during examination. Hence, I tend to look at the coins in slabs that I own more than the raw pieces. Your excitement is very cool! thumbsup2.gif

By the way, don't worry about getting more stars next to your name, I just rated you a "one". 893whatthe.gif

I'm joking, I rated you a "one" a long time ago! 893whatthe.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifdevil.gif

By the way, don't worry about getting more stars next to your name, I just rated you a "one".

I'm joking, I rated you a "one" a long time ago!

sign-funnypost.gif

John