• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

did this not cross?

40 posts in this topic

im not going to call due to i am not good with phone calls :) i have 25 other coins being graded also. dont wana get more bbs than usual :) im good with what happened now. i was told in the first place to send to anacs first and i didnt so its partly (mainly) my fault.

I can't comment on the Foreign coins but I have always received an explanation.I have sent in an 1899 O Morgan that I knew was a VAM. It graded MS65 but I received a slip around the encapsulated coin that it was not a HOT50 or top 100 VAM.

They did not send it back as a 1899 O MS65 with no VAM Designation and no explanation.

I know that NGC will sent a coin back in a Body Bag but they give explanations such as cleaned scratched or damaged etc.

It doesn't make sense that one would pay the tier fees in one Instance and get an opinion why it didn't grade and pay the fees in another instance and get the coin returned with no explanation.

In one instance the fees were paid and an opinion was given. In another instance you paid the fees and no opinion was given so it doesn't make sense to say " the fees were paid and the opinion was no grade"

Unless there is a difference for " World coins " or the "Express Tier" then I see no difference.

I would have to go with the other Poster and if "Ask NGC" Forum is not responding then a 5 minute phone call should do it. I have always found them helpfuk when I have called.

i wish some1 would change it so it was like the comic graders and have to write down why it graded the way it did. they will tell you why to the T the book did not get a sertin grade. its like they have the actual book on file while im looking at it. now that is an awsome servive. i baught a book and called to see why it wasnt a higher grade and they pointed out every detail while i was looking right at book!

I actually agree with you ant.

I too wish a service would take a bit of time to tell us (teach us) why they came up with what they do.

Ant, are you related to Laura :grin:

The only thing I see is that you should have either gotten your images and a refund of those fees. I believe I asked earlier if they actually cracked the coin out of the slab and didn't get an answer to that. If they didn't crack it they won't image it. If they didn't image it and you paid by credit card they may have simply credited your card and you won't know it unless you look for it on your card statement.

If they did crack it I can't say what happened with the imaging but if you don't get the images you should get a refund and if you don't then you will have to contact them. If they did crack it the pedigree to the particular shipwreck is gone.

they didnt krack it thank god! but i havnt gottin a refund nor pic. its fine with me but i will call them as soon as my other 25 coins are done. i dont wana call them and give them a reason to give more body bags or something. but i do know im signed up with anacs now and they are much cheaper,slab every coin(even cleaned ) ,give a detail grade to cleaned coins, and to top it off they are right down in my hometown denver :)

You might have an advantage in that you are in the same City as ANACS. I have not been able to get on their site to check for Population and Orders etc for several days.

I called them two days ago and they said their site was down. I asked them when they would be up again and the guy said "maybe weeks or months". Thuis might have been an Honest reply but if you don't live in the town and can't get information...........

Otherwise as I said earlier it is your best choice for cleaned coins etc.

i am in idaho right now but grew up in denver. my mom and rest of fam ily are down there and ill be there for 1 week in march for my gemology course. i figure i will send everything to anacs first then if "keys" or more valuable coins come back as good i can cross if warented.