• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

did this not cross?

40 posts in this topic

001 1783 MEXICO 8R MS

this is been shipped and there is no number on it. :(

does this mean that it didnt cross and if so does that mean they got 55$ for just taking out looking and puting in mail again.

001 1783 MEXICO 8R MS

this is been shipped and there is no number on it. :(

does this mean that it didnt cross and if so does that mean they got 55$ for just taking out looking and puting in mail again.

What is your invoice number ???

Certification # 2753236-001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date / Info 1783 MEXICO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Denomination 8R

Grade MS

Pedigree

Strike

No Grade Comment

Population See NGC poplookup

NumisMedia Value No Price

they didnt even put that it was shipwreck or el cazador on it.if they did cross it they ruined it! now how am i to proove its a shipwreck coin!

they didnt even put that it was shipwreck or el cazador on it.if they did cross it they ruined it! now how am i to proove its a shipwreck coin!

If you did not specify to not cross with out pedigree then it is an oops :)

Should have asked questions BEFORE sending it in. What holder was it in previously ??

Also sounds like it bagged not having a MS (grade) ... good luck !!

Did you post pictures ????

Without a Minimum grade they removed it from whatever it was in - Slabbed it as a Uncirculated coin ( MS ) and may or may not have 'variety' on the label.

Sounds like you will not know until it arrives - Good Luck

If it was that heavily abused coin that was recently shown on the boards then NGC was not where you should have sent the coin. A coin with that type of damage on it should have gone to NCS.

so ngc took 55$ to write on a pc of paper"sorry will not grade". i take it i dont get a refund even though all they did was take it out of my box write on it and put it in there box. anacs is the way to go for anything. and i now have one last submition getting graded. and they will not see one more cent from me! i would rather spend lots more on pcgs then be taken again.one good thing is they didnt ruin coin and can have anacs slab it. so its not a complete loss.

You sent a shipwreck coin to NGC? Yes they almost certanly bodybagged it, and jgrinz the MS in the NGC listing does not mean it is Mint State, it just means that it is a business strike and not a Proof coin. And no you will not be getting any refund. Your only hope is that as soon as they saw the coin they knew it would not cross and didn't bother to crack it out, but I wouldn't hold my breath. And PCGS would have done exactly the same thing. ICG is the only service that does a partial refund for bodybags.

And if they did crack it out then yes you have lost the El Cazador pedigree as well. It is highly unlikely that anyone else you would send it to would restore the pedigree.

so ngc took 55$ to write on a pc of paper"sorry will not grade". i take it i dont get a refund even though all they did was take it out of my box write on it and put it in there box. anacs is the way to go for anything. and i now have one last submition getting graded. and they will not see one more cent from me! i would rather spend lots more on pcgs then be taken again.one good thing is they didnt ruin coin and can have anacs slab it. so its not a complete loss.

NGC took $55 to have professional graders review your coin. Think of it like a tennis lesson. If you get trained by a tennis pro for an hour you owe them an hours worth of work whether you got any better or not. They still preformed their service.

NGC took $55 to have professional graders review your coin. Think of it like a tennis lesson. If you get trained by a tennis pro for an hour you owe them an hours worth of work whether you got any better or not. They still preformed their service.

The Sky is falling the Sky is falling .. its the end of the world .. doomsday is here

Winston and I actually agree on something :o:insane::gossip:

i dont mind paying if i get the lesson. but if they just walk up smile not say a word and charge me im going to have a problem with that. how can i learn? other than saying ngc doesnt know how to grade some items. and i only say this cause they didnt explain anything.

i am going to be an appraisor for diamonds and jewelry, say you send me a ring and pay me to valuate it. i send back to you with no explanation. but charge you. what would you do? you would be mad! you would feel cheated! well thats how i feel! i dont mind that it didnt grade! im actualy happy now! but writing "would not grade , sorry" on paper and sending it back is not worth 55$.

I am not sure if this is what Ant is saying. If I send a coin in and pretty sure that it is a VAM and NGC accepts my fees and send back the encapsulated coin with a ribbon around it like they did one time with the explanation that the VAM is not a Hot 50 or a Top 100 then fine.

If they send it back in a Body Bag and say "cleaned" "damaged on obverse" or "scratches on reverse" etc then fine.

If they send the coin back in a Body Bag and there is no explantion then this is another thing.

Either that or Ant is lacating the reason.

Otherwise then I agree with the assessment of paying for a Service whether you got better or not.If I send in a Coin that I think is a PF 69 and it comes back a PF68 then I need to look closer and find out why it was graded as a PF68.. I can post it on here and some of the experts might be able to spot it.

If I put the enlarged scan of the coin on here that was body bagged then many might be able to tell me why they think it was body bagged and you can guess but it might be only one reason or a combimation of reasons.

well ill walk you throu my experiance.

1. sent coin in on express tier stating el cazador as variety ("im newer to this foriegn crossover so that what i did" typed in special instructions slot)

2. also paid for imaging of the coin.

3. they recieve / looked / and put in mail. after writeing 4 words on my sub form " would not grade ,sorry" and sent back!

4. to this day no image /didnt get grade / thats very lil done for that much money

so to me i didnt get near all i paid for. so they "looked" at it, i wonder how many people "looked" at this coin b4 i ended up with it. this is a learning experience so ill chalk it up.

i wish some1 would change it so it was like the comic graders and have to write down why it graded the way it did. they will tell you why to the T the book did not get a sertin grade. its like they have the actual book on file while im looking at it. now that is an awsome servive. i baught a book and called to see why it wasnt a higher grade and they pointed out every detail while i was looking right at book!