• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone help?

7 posts in this topic

My son's are finally starting to take an intrest in coins. One wants to collect graded state quarters and the other has chosen Franklin halves. I am looking for help in aquiring either of these if you could help let us know. Any info on how to keep them excited in the hobby would be appreciated also.Thanks Harvey , Brandon, Lucas

I think the States Quarters might get kind of expensive already graded if you're looking for MS67 or MS68 and/or PF69 or PF70. Just out of curiosity, I checked APMEX and they have a Dansco set, 1999-2007 PDS, for $699. In all likelihood, these would probably grade a little lower. You can also buy OBW rolls of each date/mm from them, but I didn't look to see if they have every issue.

If you're interested, go to www.apmex.com

Chris

Zach's selling some worn frankies near melt

If it was me, I wouldn't put too much money into the younguns' coins until I knew for sure how serious they were. It might be fun putting together a melt-valued franklin set though - wouldn't be too expensive and the coins would probably not lose much if any value unless silver tanks.

I strongly recommend Kennedy half-dollars. Buy an album, and you can then get them started buying rolls from the bank. Practice upgrading coins as you find nicer ones. As an added bonus, chances are excellent that you will find silver coins from time to time.