• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Why I'll be gone about a week

8 posts in this topic

My grandson is in Jamaica on R&R from Iraq, so the Beautiful Bride and I will be joining him and his parents at Montego Bay for a week after a redeye from LAX Wednesday night.

See ya! ;):cloud9:

And BTW, congrats on having a grandson in Iraq, I'm sure you're as proud of him as we are.

Even better congrats on having him back safe from Iraq! Even if he is only back temporarily, And here's hoping he stays safe after he has to go back.

It was our first, but undoubtedly not our last, time in Jamaica.

A wonderful time was had by all, and now we're just sweating out the five months until his tour ends and he can come home for good.

For good? How many of these soldiers are having their tours extended or being sent back again for multiple tours? I seem to recall that there have been many soldiers who came back thinking heir tours were over and that they wouldn't have to go back only to be redeployed again.

Perhaps with a new occupant of the White House things will change before his time would come again. One can only hope.