• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone seen a new look ANACS slab with this look?

9 posts in this topic

Note that the ANACS logo is above the grade instead of adjacent to it and that there is no "America's Oldest Grading Service" on the other side of the grade. Not reflected so well in this pic, the year/denomination/grade across the top of the slab is much more centered than most.

Does anyone else have ANACS slabs with this look or otherwise recognize this look?

IMG_0560.jpg

I have seen what I believe will be the new slabs for ANACS.

The logo is not on the obverse of the holder. It is on the reverse.The label on the front is similar to the NGC label except it is color coded to the coin such as a gold or yello color for Gold and Prez dollars and Gray for Silver Eagles etc.

The holder is aslo flat like PCGS and NGC

To clarify I'm not suggesting this is what future slabs will look like. The one in the pic was picked up at last summer's FUN show. So the question is does anyone have or has anyone seen existing ANACS slabs that look like this.

That is the first generation of the New ANACS slabs that came out in Feb 2006 It was only in use for about a week and then they changed to label making the grade oval smaller and moving the logo down to the left side of the oval. ANACS 18

On that second variety the label, the oval, and the central fill of the logo were all in gold foil. This also lasted for only about a week. ANACS 20

The third "New holder" had the gold borders and logo fill changed to silver foil. This variety lasted till either late 2006 or early 2007. (Note the first variety also used silver foil for the label border but not around the oval or to fill the logo.) ANACS 21

The fourth "New holder" changed the background color of the label from a darker blue to a much lighter shade of blue. This variety lasted till the first week if Sept 2007. ANACS 22

In September 2007 The current square cornered slab was introduced and the small sized slab (ANACS 23) was discontinued. The new slab now carried both problem and no problem coins. (I think the dropping of the ANACS 23 slab was in response to the counterfeit slabs of that type coming out of China.)

ANACS 19 and 23 are the small size slabs used for problem coins between Feb 2006 and Sept 2007. ANACS 19 uses the same hologram as the small slabs before Feb 2006. It lasted till mid 2006 when ANACS23 began and the hologram was changed to the A inside a triangle.

I hope that answers your question.

Great info, Conder. Quite the ANACS knowledgeable person. I hope you do not need to double that list in the upcoming months with the new ANACS.

Thanks. That was EXACTLY the type of info I was looking for.

Just a matter of the right person seeing the post

Quite the ANACS knowledgeable person. I hope you do not need to double that list in the upcoming months with the new ANACS.

Not just ANACS. And I would not be surprised to see another round of new slabs from ANACS, and NGC has announced a new slab is coming because of the counterfeits. And although PCGS isn't saying anything I'll bet they are developing a new slab as well for when fake PCGS slabs start appearing. I may have disagreements with PCGS and the other services, I know they aren't going to play ostrich and bury their heads in the sand pretending that this will all go away. They are too smart for that.

Conder is the slab expert. If you ever have a question about any slab from any service from any period, he will have the answer. Top 2, Big 4, Third world, you name it, he knows it. Dude, he even wrote a book about it. Conder is the man!

As I mentioned earlier HSN has featured new slabs with ANACS. In these the Logo is no longer on the front and the labels that I saw were Color coded to the color of the coi nsuch as yellow or gold on gold coins.

I only saw a total of about 20 minutes on these and they were all labeled First day of issue so I don't know if this is just for the First day of Issue coins or will apply to all their coins.