• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coins in HUGE buyer demand at FUN auctions ---my observations....YOURS??

9 posts in this topic

and this relates to territorials, pre-1915 business strike/proof coinage, patterns and colonials (pre1792 federal mint coinage) as i know little to nothing about post 1920 coinage

1--coin had TO HAVE really killer eye appeal and close to if not condition census and truly be "all there"

2--coin was scarce or really scarce or rare or really rare and was properly graded ms/pr 1-68 with average if not above average to killer eye appeal

Michael,

I believe that any coin that scarce in condition and/or availabilty is in high demand regardless of the series or type. Strong eye appeal is also a positive.

Thank you, Dr. Obvious. :)

However, I must question your ability to "observe" the following:

"2--coin was scarce or really scarce or rare or really rare and was properly graded ms/pr 1-68 with average if not above average to killer eye appeal"

As I believe you are not in Florida and not had a chance to view the lots in-person, and understanding that grading and assessing eye-appeal from auction pictures is dicey at best, how are you making this "observation"?

Just wondering...Mike

true i did not make it to florida

mucho experiences and connections

over a 40 year period and in combination with i did the best i could also with what parameters i had to work with

Michael,

I believe that any coin that scarce in condition and/or availabilty is in high demand regardless of the series or type. Strong eye appeal is also a positive.

in agreement with you dave

but proof half cents might be scarce and yet are not in high demand sword in hand notes with the continental soldier holding the magna charta designed engraved and printed by paul revere are really rare and also not in high demand

Michael,

in agreement with you dave

but proof half cents might be scarce and yet are not in high demand sword in hand notes with the continental soldier holding the magna charta designed engraved and printed by paul revere are really rare and also not in high demand

damn! I've been looking for the perfect (evenly and deeply mirrored) affordable! (i.e. <7K) PROOF Half Cent for a loooooooooong time!!!

Michael,

chinook you are absolutely correct but many from my limited experiences in the coin game do not understand this and seem hell bent on buying

ugly

overgraded

AT

and really, REALLY expensive plastic holdered common coins in rarified plastic

go figure

damn! I've been looking for the perfect (evenly and deeply mirrored) affordable! (i.e. <7K) PROOF Half Cent for a loooooooooong time!!!

you and me both mike king (thumbs u a true gem, deeply and evenly mirrored proof half cent that has tremendous eye appeal and that EVERY eac proof halfcent expert would agree is a true 100% proof halfcent ie. one that has been struck from proof only dies and only made as a proof only ARE IN HUGE DEMAND

i have AS OF YET seen such a coin

and even if you and i held one in our hands from a seller of such a coin it would NOT BE AFFORDABLE :flamed: and by the time we handed it back to the seller it would have been already sold :shy:

well just to be able to see one would be okie by me and i find that when looking for something another door opens up for another yet determined opportunity and value historical sexy numismatic item to study and add to the collection :cloud9:

and as an added bonus lots of learned knowledge on the battlefield of the bourse

i observed a price swing for the nice matte proof lincoln cents. mainly choice ones but the series as a whole is going way up. th e09 vdb brought $34K+ & the nice 1916 brought $13K+!

i think really nice coins in general are going up even more than right now...