• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Submissions

3 posts in this topic

I just checked my Order page here and one of the batches I sent in has been Finalized and shipped today.

I mentioned earlier that I cleaned out one of my Safe Deposit Boxes as I had made more room in on of my others.

I had also mentioned the 1891 Bin I bought on EBAY and the Dealer claimed it had been lost .

I sent in 4 American $5 Gold Eagles which were just sitting there and were odd lots as I have no others. I also had a 1891 O Raw Morgan in an Album and since I needed the 1891 slot I sent it in also. I havent received the coins as they were just shipped today but here are the results and I was pleasantly surprised.

1. 1999 $5 MS69

2. 1999 $5 PF69

3. 2005 $5 PF70

4. 2006 $5 PF70

5.1891 0 Morgan MS62.

I checked a few of them and Numismedia has the 2005 W PF70 at $285.00 and the 1891 O as $180.00 I believe they have the 1999W PF69 at $168.00 so just those three are over $600.00

The gold is just there as they are the only Gold coins I have but the 1891 O is nice as I need it for a slot in the Registry and is 321 points. I think I paid about $50.00 for it.

Thanks. I was surprised I bought all the Proofs from the U.S. Mint some as far back as 1999. I got started because I entered this contest on the Internet where you picked twelve numbers out of the 50 some on the power ball lottery. If out of the 12 numbers you picked all but the Bonus number you won an Uncirculated Silver Eagle.If out of the twelve numbers you picked all of the numbers including the Bonus number then you won an unc. $5 Gold Eagle

After I won the A.G.E. I purchased a proof and then a few others over the years and forgot about them.

I won the bid for the Morgan about 18 months ago before things started to heat up in that area on EBAY.

I need the 1891 O for the slot on the Registry and was also looking in a Redbook that is about 6 or 7 months old.They list an 1891 O in MS60 as

$150.00 and then jumo to MS63 which is $350.00.I guess it just depends on the source as Numismedia lists it as $180.00

The Morgan was most important to me as I don't collect the Gold. I have several others that are scheduled for grading. I payed the $7.00 for the Variety on an 1880S. I checked it today as it just shows the coins but not any grades.

On the 1880s it does show 0/9 Medium S Vam 11.

Since it shows no grade on any but the Vam designation on the 1880s then does this mean that they go someplace else at NGC for the Variety Plus before grading.?

Thanks