• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTC coins from my safe deposit box

3 posts in this topic

Help I want to determine the value of my coins (Morgan Peace Franklin Walkers Wheat cent) I recovered from my Chase Manhattan safe deposit box in the WTC. My coins were plus subject to the 10-day fire that heated the central debris zone to over 1500f(as per chase Manhattan bank). Needless to say they don’t look like the silver eagles that were also recovered from some distance away. Subject to the 10-day+ fire.

Im almost certain they arnt going to have the added value you see the "Death SAEs" on Ebay fetching. The entire WTC SAE, GAE & PAE are a pretty touch subject around these parts. We are collectors, we try not to cash in on such a horrid event.

If you can have a third party grading company like PCGS or NGC to certify that the coins are indeed from a Chase safety deposit box in the WTC on 9/11 then maybe you can get premium for them from people interested in WTC coins. As it stands, the potential buyer only has your word for it. I would suggest that you just hang on to them and pass them on to your family's succeeding generations with its historical background of having survived the 9/11 ground zero fires.