• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swiss Silver and French UFO's???

6 posts in this topic

Hello, and thanks in advance for your thoughts on these 2 questions. Your sharing of your knowledge is so appreciated.

On the History Channel yesterday was a show on UFO's. They briefly showed a large silver(?) French coin dated 1680 showing what appears to be a UFO. Very interesting. Does anyone know the denomination/ identification number in the Standard Catalog of World Coins 1601-1700?

Secondly, when the Swiss were minting their 1/2. 1, 2 and 5 francs in silver, how did they differentiate between a regular coin for circulation and a "specimen"?

Again, many thanks.

RI( AL

I am not absolutely sure but it may be that the Specimen Coins exhibited a Brilliant and/or Frosted Relief against a mirrored or satin background. As oppposed to a Brilliant relief against a brilliant background.

Rey

Farthing.

WOW...you hit it right on the head! That's the UFO coin. Maybe I can afford one in my next life...or I can shop if I ever get "beamed up".

Many thanks!!

RI AL

Cool piece. I like the theory that it's a shield that protects us from hail and other weather that affects crops.

Hoot

50774-coin.jpg.a7e749913a09033f3a6fcf71f1f0db72.jpg