• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's not about the money....................

5 posts in this topic

It's the principle!

On 11/30/07, I booked my hotel reservation at the Quality Inn for the FUN Show. The posted rate on their website was $77.00. Yesterday, 1/2/08, I received an e-mail that the posted rate was incorrect, and they were changing my confirmed rate to $79.00. Wait a minute! I was already given a confirmation at the $77.00 rate.

The e-mail began with, "Dear FUN Show Delegate", but I'm not a delegate nor am I a member of FUN. So, I decided to call Judy Lilge, Housing Manager, whose name and number were on the e-mail. She said that they just discovered the mistake yesterday (32 days later!), and they were changing the rate accordingly. I told her that I was not affiliated with the FUN Show in any way, and she said that since I booked the reservation through the FUN Website, I had no choice.

Well, if that is the case, then maybe I should get a bourse pass for free.

Chris

Did they "make a mistake" or forgot about rate increases that would come into effect as of January 1 and are just covering their behinds? hm

I don't know about Florida law (other than it is really screwy), but in other states if the hotel takes your reservation and you guarantee it with a credit card, they cannot raise the rate unless they tell you the rate can change up until a certain date. That's why it is guaranteed by a credit card.

Also, if they charge your credit card and they do not have a clause about a rate change, you can dispute the charge. Check your bank's policy, but in most cases, it is 30-days from the statement date. I would do this out of general principles!

Scott :hi:

Yes, I reserved the room with my credit card. According to Ms Lilge, the $79 rate was in their contract with FUN, but I don't see why that should affect me. I know that most other reputable businesses will honor a given price even if it is a mistake. I plan on taking it up with them at check-out, but I'll wait until there are other customers within earshot if you catch my drift.

Chris

Well, if that is the case, then maybe I should get a bourse pass for free.

Isn't it already free?

Not for earlybirds.

Chris