• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Know of 2008 Mint Prices?

8 posts in this topic

I seem to remember a post last year around this time that had a link to the Mint's estimated price list for stuff like Kennedy bags, Sac rolls, Quarter bags, etc. Has anyone come across such a list for this year? All I can find are the prices of the Silver Eagles, and the Mint's search engine is practically useless.

That was because last year they released their pricing early and got caught with a problem of rising metal prices. I think they will wait this year to hedge their bets.

Scott :hi:

Alright, that makes sense but it doesn't make me happy. I guess the Mint's waiting for gold to "stabilize" before posting the prices for the Bald Eagle stuff in 2 weeks ... anyone else see that gold's at a new all-time high above $855/oz? Buy your gold coins early this year!

Alright, that makes sense but it doesn't make me happy. I guess the Mint's waiting for gold to "stabilize" before posting the prices for the Bald Eagle stuff in 2 weeks ... anyone else see that gold's at a new all-time high above $855/oz? Buy your gold coins early this year!

More like buy your gold coins late this year. This spike is only temporary and will go back down - if you buy now, you will be left holding the bag.

... anyone else see that gold's at a new all-time high above $855/oz? Buy your gold coins early this year!

More like buy your gold coins late this year. This spike is only temporary and will go back down - if you buy now, you will be left holding the bag.

Even if it does go down, do you honestly think the Mint would lower prices part-way through the year?

... anyone else see that gold's at a new all-time high above $855/oz? Buy your gold coins early this year!

Even if it does go down, do you honestly think the Mint would lower prices part-way through the year?

Yes. If the bullion price goes down, no one is going to buy them at the old prices. It's just a fact of life.

Yes. If the bullion price goes down, no one is going to buy them at the old prices. It's just a fact of life.

Dolly Madison still hasn't sold out and the price hasn't gone down ... time will tell, but it looks like the two of us have our bets on the table. ;)