• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Census for surviving Morgans.

10 posts in this topic

I know that we have a census of Morgans minted but is there a definitive guide how how many of each year may have survived the major meltdown......Thanks all.

It isn't possible to have an accurate list of survirors. Over the last 100 years they have been scattered to the winds. They have been worn out, lost, privately melted, publicly melted, used for jewelry etc and no records were ever kept on what coins were used. On the melting neither the smelters or the submittors kept any record of what they sent to the furnaces.

If by "census", you mean the top ten (let's say) for each date, I guess "pop" reports would help for that. But if you mean "overall numbers", there's no humanly way possible to tell.

Well, according to that stupid new add on the boob tube, there are 3168 survivors in Brilliant Uncirculated to Fine condition. All others have been melted. Get yours while you can!

Well, according to that stupid new add on the boob tube, there are 3168 survivors in Brilliant Uncirculated to Fine condition. All others have been melted. Get yours while you can!

If that is the case, then why can't I sell the 500 common dates that I have in BU condition for 5 figures each? lol

Chris

I was listening to the recording of HSN to find out more about the ANACS deal they have and all the types are rare.

This guy claimed that the 1999 Silver Proof set was worth $800.00 and it has been on Ebay and listed by Dealers for about $385.00

He was also pushing the Satin State Quarters of 2005 onward and mentioned that the only Kennedy half that had a Satin finish was going for $500.00

He also had made a big deal that the 2009 Prez dollars would not have the edge lettering and the 2007 had flat lined and woould become real valuable .

My Favorite is that that all the coin shows on T.V. talk about how it costs the Public $30.00 per coin to grade each slab and after the Price of Solver is figured in and the $30.00 for grading that you are almost getting the coin for free or only a samll cost. They don't mention that the Dealers etc that send them in by Bulk get a reduced fee and even John Public can get that cost doen to $12.00 or $16.00 by sending a minimum of five etc.

According to them all you have to do is buy their great deals and wait 10 years and you will be Rich.

According to them all you have to do is buy their great deals and wait 10 years and you will be Rich.

And, unfortunately, a lot of people fall for it! :(