• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someone help me out with this...

11 posts in this topic

I'm not familiar with the Cornell Sale, but if the previous ownership history is listed in the sale then one might simply look up the Cornell Sale and see if the coin matches any image of the lot, so long as it is imaged.

Paul, you could ask the seller which company conducted the 2004 sale and if he provides the information, then contact them to verify it. However, how much does that really matter to you? My point is that you will hopefully not be too heavily influenced by a previous sale result. While such information can be helpful in some instances it can also occasionally be the result of bidding/price distortions.

I don't know the seller, but he sounds like a straight shooter.

Thanks for your help. And I see your point MarkFeld but I wasn't curious for bidding purposes. I just wanted to see if it was really the same coin that was in the auctions he listed. The pictures don't show the misplaced date and I was thinking about meeting him in person to see if I wanted to buy it.

Paul

You can also ask to see a picture of the slab, front and back. Even though it is an ANACS slab (looks like a new slab), you can get the cert number and call ANACS on Wednesday.

Scott :hi:

Except for a very few rare instances - Norweb, Reiver, etc, I pay no attention whatsoever to what "previous sale" a coin was in, or the "story" behind the coin. Discovery coins are another exception, of course.