• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a picture of the favorite coin you purchased in 2007 regardless of how much

57 posts in this topic

I do not think I purchased any US coin for my collection this past year. hm

Of all that I (think I) purchased in 2007, I like this one the best:

Antonius_Balbus.jpg

AR Serrate Denarius, Q. Antonius Balbus, 83-82 BC.

Obverse: Laureate head of Jupiter facing right.

Reverse: Victory in quadriga right; E below horses.

I can't come up with just one. I really have several that I had a hard time choosing between, but these two are at the top of the list.

85833152.jpg

Is that the Trade dollar you (were going to, last I heard) sent to NCS to remove the haze/smoke/whatever it was?

I can't come up with just one. I really have several that I had a hard time choosing between, but these two are at the top of the list.

85833152.jpg

Is that the Trade dollar you (were going to, last I heard) sent to NCS to remove the haze/smoke/whatever it was?

No, that is a different coin (below). I haven't sent it in yet. Every time I think about it the bank is closed and I can't get to my box (like now).

77938339.jpg

:luhv:

Well - It is this coin hands down.

Really was purchased in 06 - however It was recertified in May 07 for its CAMEO designation on its holder :) .

50363-50355-11.jpg.43c7785503154d0627c53dbdc5067cff.jpg

50364-50356-2.jpg.9b5d889a943a6adabc2046a669fe317b.jpg

Picking one coin is soo hard. If I were to pick one. I would this one... Only reason I pick this coin over the rest is that it is my first real toner. Morgan wise that is.

tmdn.jpg

tmdn1.jpg

I don't have a picture of it, but my favorite coin purchase of 2007 is an 1836 (block 8) quarter eagle. It is dark gold and original looking in an NGC VF-35 holder.

The 1883 Trade dollar is a cool coin!

Here's mine:

anacs1883trade.jpg

I've never seen a PF 3 before. I wonder why it got so worn? I think someone would have recognized it as a proof and taken it out of circulation long before it got to that shape.

Some super nice additions by all this year!!!!!! :cloud9: If I have to pick one :( I have to go with this one:

1917DlincolnobvA.jpg

1917Dlincolnrev.jpg

2007 was an unusually good year for my collection. Here are two, the second of which gave birth to a kitchen renovation when I shared the cost with Mrs. IGWT.

287620355.jpg

286984269.jpg

It's only an MS63, but...

J1964DN63_Spoof.jpg

bugsbunny_.gifWOW

Me too. I didn't realize there was a 1964 Peace dollar.

A little leg pulling going on here - Photoshop is a wonderful program