• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would be a good name for the coin????

34 posts in this topic

What would be an alternative name for the PM coin?

The AM coin.

How 'bout the 24hr coin?

Ok, seriously (as seriously as this thread can be), since I haven't actually seen the coin, I'll come up with a few names depending on the size, location and nature of the crack:

1. Tripod.

2. Bobbit-ized.

3. Whizzed.

4. GS, and not to be mistaken for Gunsmoke.

5. A tinkle a day helps keep the coin doctor away.

6. Uncouth.

7. Nature Calling.

(I can think of a bunch more...)

EVP

Might I suggest a name isn't needed?

Most error coins don't have nicknames, so there's really no need. Just call it a "Massachusetts quarter with a die break from beginning at 8:00 on the rim and working to the Minuteman."

Chuckling, yes they are but you know what they are still unbeaten. And your coin is still Oh4r8ted. By the way did you see all the signs in Doak Stadium, that said over rated. laugh.gif ? So tomahawk that one. grin.gif

How about rerun? Just like someone who keeps posting about the same thing? I, for one am sick from hearing about this coin! BTW I have a die crack quarter would you like to buy it? How about say $10,000? {it,s worth about $2.00}!!!!

Just to give you more ammo, I'm a Rutgers alum. Our football program is to the Irish as perhaps WSM's numismatic knowledge is to mine...

Too many years of heartache once again. But, it was fun to tailgate at Giants Stadium...

smile.gif

EVP

Kenwin,

Certainly Mr. McNulty has a particular affection for this error variety that the vast majority of us find difficult to embrace. But, his posts lately aren't exactly disruptive or bad. Yes, maybe they're boring. But, that's hardly grounds to get upset.

Nearly the entirety of the PCGS message boards is one big re-run. It happens. I wish the posts over there as well as from Mr. McNulty over here can be numismatically fortified. Until then, I just try to make my own posts more interesting...

Regards,

EVP

I'm not sure it really needs a name, but sometimes a catchy name can sell something. How about the "cracked minuteman" quarter. Of course if you use it I'll expect 10% of anything you get over $100. - or perhaps a thank you coin.

My best friend from elementary school played for the 'Canes. In HS, we drifted apart. He wasn't academically talented, and we just developed different lives through the years.

He was an excellent athlete compared to the average HS scrub. At UoM, as a frosh, he sat most of the time. (I think he played defensive line.) He blew out his knee, and that ended his career before it even began. He never finished college (he wasn't good enough to be on a full scholarship!), and was even too embarrassed to go to our 10-yr HS reunion.

I hadn't thought of him in a very long time... I wonder how he's doing? My 20-yr HS reunion is coming up in a couple of years. I probably will NOT attend, but who knows?!? I guess it depends on who else will be there...

EVP

PS Sorry for the tangent!

" Didn't Rutgers beat Army this year also? Or, maybe I'm thinking about Navy..."

We both suck, so I wouldn't doubt it mad.gif At least Navy won 1 game (SMU) tongue.gif

Everybody have a great coin weekend...send me your tired, your poor, your toned Morgans and Redfields, yearning to be free...

Kincoin- I'm a little disapointed you started this Thread without consulting me first.

I thought partners talked to one another.

I've got some terrific ideas on how to promote this quarter and then you just side step me and open up this new Thread.

I'm hurt. I feel you've betrayed a trust and now you've hurt me feelings.

frown.gif

Pat,

Don't feel hurt.You need one of them first in order to name it.We can talk about it on the marketplace forum if you like or just e -mail me.

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

IM: Do the Knights even play the Irish?

PM: I highly doubt the 'Canes have to worry about the Knights. I know that it's never a good thing to underestimate your opponent. But, we're talking about 'Canes vs the Scarlet Knights...

EVP