• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is everyone's plans for the celebrating the new year?

18 posts in this topic

I'm sorry. I am going to dread going back to work on Monday and having to get up early again everyday. I have been off since the 21st. Four days of vacation to use or I loose them and then four days of Holiday time. :devil:

Usually starting in the afternoon my family pulls up some chairs and we start playing board games and card games until well after midnight. Since I turned 21 this year it'll be the first year where everyone is of drinking age.

A few years ago my sister and I played Dominoes heads-up for about 6 hours and racked up over 2000 points between us. By 3:00 AM we were half crazed from counting little pits with sore eyes.

Staying home, eating roasted leg of lamb (a favorite recipe of mine--yes, I'm cooking), and watching the festivities on the new 42-inch HDTV sitting on the couch with the puppy.

Tuesday night, I'm watching the sUGAr Bowl on the new 42-inch HDTV while wearing my black jersey and making liberal use of the phrase HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!

Scott :hi:

Staying home, eating roasted leg of lamb (a favorite recipe of mine--yes, I'm cooking), and watching the festivities on the new 42-inch HDTV sitting on the couch with the puppy.

Tuesday night, I'm watching the sUGAr Bowl on the new 42-inch HDTV while wearing my black jersey and making liberal use of the phrase HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!

Roasted leg of lamb? Got room for one more?

Why would you put the 42" HDTV on the couch next to the puppy?

What you need is one of those old-time "ah-UGA" horns.

Chris

Usually I go to the New Years Eve party that my church has. We throw together a band from a group of friends from half a dozen churches, invite everyone in the neighborhood, have plenty of food and tons of games, and live music for hours. It sometimes ends by 2 or 3, but not usually. Of course, there is plenty of fireworks at the appropriate time.

But this year I have to work. I feel your pain, Chris!

Roasted leg of lamb? Got room for one more?

Umm.... NO! :devil:

Why would you put the 42" HDTV on the couch next to the puppy?

I didn't say that. The TV is one the stand and the puppy sits between me and the wife on his own afghan!

did you name the puppy Uga the VI.

No... his name is Boomer. There is only one Uga VI. He is the son of the Uga V, the movie star who played his father, Uga IV, in the movie Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

BTW: This is Boomer...

Boomer1.jpg

And if you are interested, I have the full album posted on Google's Picassa.

I didn't say that. The TV is one the stand and the puppy sits between me and the wife on his own afghan!

You're right Scott! You didn't say it, but you wrote it.

I guess you didn't like the idea about the "ah-UGA" horn.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Chris

Have a few cocktails ...

Having a few friends over ...

Have a few cocktails ...

Going to a LARGE Local Chinese Buffet for some soooooshiiiii

Have a few cocktails ..

Seeing if we can stay awake till midnight ...

Did I say having a few cocktails :)

Have a good New Year Guys and Gals from

Mike , Carol, Stephen and CJ

Well pretty quiet around here. Went out to eat, and now am home. My main goal this evening is to finish evaluating my Mercury Dime Collection and pull out the remainining duplicates/triplicates for selling/trade.

Rey