• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a directory of dates for NGC slabs

7 posts in this topic

You may want to ask NGC directly, however, I haven't noticed a strong correlation between cert number and date of submission.

Conder101, from across the street, published a guide to slabs, listing the period of time that a particular slab design was used.

If you search across the street, you can find his post (with pictures) showing the periods of time a particular slab design was used, for both PCGS and NGC.

As TomB mentioned it would be best to call NGC. The invoice number and the line Item number is what NGC uses as the serial number on the paper insert. So if they keep copies of invoices, they may be able to give you the date the coin was graded.

I wonder if a user-submission effort would be possible. Like the old cddb or imdb before they were popular. Everyone could add information about CDs or movies into an index and then others could search on it. What it would mean is that there could be a central DB where individual collectors could begin adding coin serial numbers and the date when they were submitted at. Over time, it would become that time/date stamp everyone wants. It'd take a huge volunteer effort, as imdb and cddb were, but they also became so successful they were bought out for millions by the big players for their software...

Remember, you read it here first by me. grin.gif

Neil