• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

why?

13 posts in this topic

i was looking through the mint and proof sets that i baught here last week! (they are awsome) . but this set weirds me out. maybe im just to new to the older sets... but why is there 2 pennies in this pack? and why r some p mint and some s mint?

scan0052.jpg

lol! did they put them all in the same slip?

from top left going right in picture:

1968 s 5c

1968 10c

1968 s 1c

1968 25c

1968 1c

so this isnt an error on mints part :(

No. They minted Business Strike cents at 3 different Mints for a few years, and included the S-mint cents in the P-mint sleeve. It's normal.

In 1968, 69, and 70 San Francisco only struck cents and nickels. It really didn't make any sense to have a third sleeve for just those two coins, especially since Philadelphia didn't strike nickels or half dollars for circulation in those years so there was empty space in the Philadelphia sleeve. From 71 to 74 San Francisco only struck cents. It would make even less sense to have a sleeve just for one coin so they did a little rearranging and included it with one of the other mints.